Firm closing

finlo

7 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

VOR now in a heap on the floor crying  for his mummy.

Frankly, if you weren't 'a friendly' and faced with that, anyone could be forgiven for crying for mummy! 

I appreciate they still seriously respect their warrior culture and ancestry. 

1 minute ago, Barlow said:

It's a good one too. When the Haka is going on, the England boys could go down to those big H post thingies and do some maypole dancing round them.

Last world cup.  This was England's response.  Farrell's smirk and buffalo horn formation (how you surround and beat a bunched up opponent) challenge to their challenge were superb and superior to any maypole dancing.  England actually got fined for this, as you're not supposed to cross the halfway line. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Happier diner said:

It's complex. The traditional haka started as a ceremonial greeting with a warning in it. That's why there is an aggressive aspect. 

A war haka is different and is used to intimidate the enemy and fire up the troops. 

The Haka can mean many things in many different circumstances, I found these two particularly emotional:

https://www.facebook.com/SPORTbible/videos/emotional-haka-at-a-funeral-/2950511005094412/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xI6TRTBZUMM&ab_channel=NZDefenceForce

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Just drove past, a sign says it is closed for maintenance.  

Ah I remember seeing something on facebook someone complained that they had a meal booked there and when they went down it was closed and the owner said it was for maintenance but that was a good 2 months ago now I reckon 

23 hours ago, NoTailT said:

It seems the former Eagle Lab now has a big TO LET sign and isn’t continuing as planned.

How much Gov money was pissed away on this Chamber dream ?

Well according to an FoI request from February 2022 (2282885):

image.png.fc3e1f2e0912f14e3f447e08c29d5303.png

That's 18 months ago so it will clearly be over a quarter million by now. in fact by June 2022 it was £261,605.54  - see FoI 2505169, which also refused to discuss any other monetary contributions to co-working facilities.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

That's 18 months ago so it will clearly be over a quarter million by now. in fact by June 2022 it was £261,605.54  - see FoI 2505169, which also refused to discuss any other monetary contributions to co-working facilities.

This is the kind of sh1t that goes on, day after day, week after week on the rock and some may moan about it on here but in general the subservient manx and/ or not interested not manx public don't follow it up.

You deserve all you get because of that attitude.

You let the police turn the rock into a place that made North Korea look good/ relaxed during Covid, you will never live that down..................

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

That's the one. All in to the pocket of a private landlord to support a Chamber vanity project. Then the DFE well went dry and everyone pulled out.

Now the yuppies have decamped to Santander.

I saw the other one regarding the serviced offices in the same building which I think was refused a reply, which I now believe is operated by the building owner.

I do wonder how much has been spaffed on it all and to what benefit?

39 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

This is the kind of sh1t that goes on, day after day, week after week on the rock and some may moan about it on here but in general the subservient manx and/ or not interested not manx public don't follow it up.

You deserve all you get because of that attitude.

You let the police turn the rock into a place that made North Korea look good/ relaxed during Covid, you will never live that down..................

This stuff goes on everywhere. Doesn't make it good, but if you believe cronyism is restricted to the Isle of Man you've led a very sheltered life.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, CrazyDave said:

The kipper people are having a full on alcohol fuelled sociaL media meltdown having presumably being told that they can’t carry on trading when insolvent.

It’s on Facebook and they say they have taken financial advice so closed yesterday. Lots of Facebook complaining that Government should get involved. Some commenting that financial aid should be provided, like the Sefton Grouo. MNH should buy the site to prevent it falling into the crutches of the developers according to other Facebook posters. 

Yesterday the Starship Enterprise Minister Tim Johnston was lamenting the kipper yards closure, and saying he was happy to talk to struggling small businesses. 

Edited by 2112

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

It’s on Facebook and they say they have taken financial advice so closed yesterday. Lots of Facebook complaining that Government should get involved. Some commenting that financial aid should be provided, like the Sefton Grouo. MNH should buy the site to prevent it falling into the crutches of the developers according to other Facebook posters. 

Yesterday the Starship Enterprise Minister Tim Johnston was lamenting the kipper yards closure, and saying he was happy to talk to struggling small businesses. 

It's tough for them, but none of the above should happen. Does the taxpayer then prop up every failing business? Perhaps the taxpayer should have visited the shop and cafe more often in Moore's case.

I went earlier this year. First time visitor and had been really looking forward to it. Probably the worst experience I've had in a local cafe in recent years. They literally failed on all aspects, and its wasn't that cheap.

• Like 4