Firm closing

finlo

52 minutes ago, Banker said:

Well they’re putting in for planning for a new store on old Whitestone garage site so can’t be doing that badly!

If they do they'll have to shut the castletown store. No way is there enough custom in the south for all 3.

The site with the most potential on the island is park road. Aldi.  Perfect. It would make a killing. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

If they do they'll have to shut the castletown store. No way is there enough custom in the south for all 3.

The site with the most potential on the island is park road. Aldi.  Perfect. It would make a killing. 

Hahahah

As if you could ever get a supermarket on there.  Do you know they consider traffic as part of planing these days and that the deliveries come in massive trucks.

1 hour ago, Banker said:

Well they’re putting in for planning for a new store on old Whitestone garage site so can’t be doing that badly!

As usual a fxxxxxg mockery of Cregeen and the need for a Bypass (sorry access to more green fields) ! That numbskull, said traffic problems were so bad all the time in Ballasalla that Dandara needed to build 380 more houses and a bypass to alleviate it, and became cheerleader in chief ! Now we propose a supermarket to attract it back. Honestly some of the people we elect are absolutely brain dead ! no wonder his nickname at school referred to the dimensions of timber.

Cregeen, the idiots, idiot !

Edited by asitis
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, asitis said:

As usual a fxxxxxg mockery of Cregeen and the need for a Bypass (sorry access to more green fields) ! That numbskull, said traffic problems were so bad all the time in Ballasalla that Dandara needed to build 380 more houses and a bypass to alleviate it, and became cheerleader in chief ! Now we propose a supermarket to attract it back. Honestly some of the people we elect are absolutely brain dead ! no wonder his nickname at school referred to the dimensions of timber.

Cregeen, the idiots, idiot !

What has what shoprite plan to do with that site got to do with politicians,

Edited by CrazyDave
  • Confused 2

If his nickname was 4x10, pretty strong, that wouldn't be too detrimental???

If the Whitestone site were aimed at 'drive time' customers, as I presume the Crosby Coop is, then surely it could provide that service to the 5oc crowd, turn into Whitestone, shop, then go north to the by-pass to continue on to C'town, PE and PSM if the traffic is still bad???

Maybe whatshis name is not so thick???

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

What has what shoprite plan to do with that site got to do with politicians,

Nothing whatsoever, Dandara needed a tame cheerleader to persuade the populace that traffic was intolerable in Ballasalla, so they enlisted a numbskull to assist. The fact a supermarket will be built attracting traffic back to the main road is risible ! 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Kopek said:

If his nickname was 4x10, pretty strong, that wouldn't be too detrimental???

If the Whitestone site were aimed at 'drive time' customers, as I presume the Crosby Coop is, then surely it could provide that service to the 5oc crowd, turn into Whitestone, shop, then go north to the by-pass to continue on to C'town, PE and PSM if the traffic is still bad???

Maybe whatshis name is not so thick???

Two very sturdy planks ! So coming from Douglas going home, you're going to ignore the bypass, drive past it to the supermarket, then drive back towards Douglas to drive back towards Castletown !

Yup makes perfect sense !

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, asitis said:

Two very sturdy planks ! So coming from Douglas going home, you're going to ignore the bypass, drive past it to the supermarket, then drive back towards Douglas to drive back towards Castletown !

Yes it does? If you want to get out of Dglas with too much hassle going south, ie. via Tesco, then a reasonable store in B'salla could give you the opportunity to shop for your needs? Depending on the traffic on the main route thru Bsalla you could elect to go back north, some 200 m and join the new by-pass or continue south thru B salla if you are wiulling to put up with some traffic jams!!!

Just looking at the Crosby Coop, I know I would prefer to stop there than go to the Peel  shops   for a similar range of goods and then head straight to my home ???

The4 same principle would apply to a B'salla outlet???

So the postman is not such a silly billy??????

56 minutes ago, asitis said:

39 minutes ago, Kopek said:

Yes it does? If you want to get out of Dglas with too much hassle going south, ie. via Tesco, then a reasonable store in B'salla could give you the opportunity to shop for your needs? Depending on the traffic on the main route thru Bsalla you could elect to go back north, some 200 m and join the new by-pass or continue south thru B salla if you are wiulling to put up with some traffic jams!!!

Just looking at the Crosby Coop, I know I would prefer to stop there than go to the Peel  shops   for a similar range of goods and then head straight to my home ???

The4 same principle would apply to a B'salla outlet???

So the postman is not such a silly billy??????

I actually do think it makes perfect sense.   I often do this journey south from the east of the island at school pick-up time and find myself struggling with where to shop as my time is limited.  I often think l should have managed a Tesco shop on my way to school, but l honestly can't bear to go there more than once a week. 

So l do think a copy of Crosby Co-op in Castletown would be fabulous, with the added bonus of a caffeine-fuelled coffee before hand.  :D 

Edited by Lilly
Missing word
  • Like 1