Firm closing

finlo

2 hours ago, Manxman1234 said:

Another one closed 

IMG_5168.jpeg

2 hours ago, BillyNoMates said:

image.png.876a73f9405563de249c5020efea1216.png

43 minutes ago, 2112 said:

The new bar and restaurant opening in its place, is connected to the previous establishment. If SKB couldn’t make it a success in these trying times, what’s to say another business opening in the same building can? 

There are have been at least four different restaurant operators upstairs in 7  years. The bar seems to have had the same operator throughout.

Quite what the relationship between the two has been is hard to say. 

37 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Well "FTW" may be obscure to you, but nice Mr Google brought up a page of definitions when I typed it in.  Which was my point - this useful function enables us to keep up with all the latest jargon that hip young things are using on the interweb.  Such as...er...TTFN.

Bullshit.

So every reader is supposed to open up a new webbrowser, complete a search only to find it is a meaningless and ungrammatical phrase because the writer is too lazy to type "I like the Middle Aisle"

I read it initially as WTF then as for what its worth because I know theres an acronym for that. But it turns out I should have asked the Internet Archive for a translation from 1996.

And you had the gaul to suggest it was dumbing down to ask for actual words rather than the Boomer Alphabet Soup we get on here.

I think that  the Acadamie Francaise  would be horrified at our misuse of our own language let alone theirs!

I've kept it to one here Andy, saving the rest for Wednesday.

Oh and by the way, that's Wed ns day, not Wensday!

Edited by Kopek

58 minutes ago, Declan said:

Bullshit.

So every reader is supposed to open up a new webbrowser, complete a search only to find it is a meaningless and ungrammatical phrase because the writer is too lazy to type "I like the Middle Aisle"

I read it initially as WTF then as for what its worth because I know theres an acronym for that. But it turns out I should have asked the Internet Archive for a translation from 1996.

And you had the gaul to suggest it was dumbing down to ask for actual words rather than the Boomer Alphabet Soup we get on here.

You’re awful excited about this Declan.  I only did it to wind up @VOICE OF REASON . If I’d known it would upset you so I would never have done it in the first place. Boomer Alphabet Soup tho… harsh. 😂

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, The Phantom said:

It's difficult to sell even a successful business.  I tried many years ago.  Had an 'alternative' business in my spare time that was a nice earner.  Tried to sell it, had some interest, lots of messing about.  I had a trip away booked and paid for by the earnings. It hadn't sold by the time I'd left, so I tasked my brother with just selling the assets. 

That doesn't sound like a serious attempt at selling or valuing your own business, to be fair. "Lots of messing about, and I was going on my holidays." The exit strategy is a vital part of entrepreneurship, and it needs as much and planning and diligence as did the establishment and running of the business.

• Thanks 1

You're all getting wound up about acronyms 20 years too late. They aren't the thing they were in the early days of the internet and SMS. Modern devices that sweet young things favour nowadays present them with real actual words predictively almost before they've had the thought, so acronyms are becoming largely redundant as abbreviations. The only useful purpose they serve now is to send secret messages to someone you shouldn't be connecting with, such as NNPOS (not now, parent over shoulder), KPC (keeping parents clueless), etc.

The problem with selling an excising business is that the seller will with their egoistic value of their business  overvalue the price? The purchaser on the other hand will believe that they can do a much better job of the business and will not want to pay the seller at their price?

If Morgans only have a rental with their own outfitting a prospective purchaser will cost out the equiptment  required to replicate the previous business, perhaps some £20k for the major equipment of the kitchen, TKMaxx for the remaining bits n bobs????

So, the seller thinks it is a great business and the purchaser thinks they can do much better, why pay for the ego of the former?

I don't know how many pies Morgans need to produce per Day, 3 to 5 days shelf life, could it be two days each for the most popular varieties and three days for the less popular ones? Where do they sell them? Shoprite but then small outlets, is it mass output?

Suppose Jaimies with their excising facilities wanted to take on the business would they want to take on another premises, other second hand equip?

So who would be interested in taking over the business? Maybe a young  chef or baker? but do they want pay for the ingoing?  Even if particularly well maintained is still second hand equip. The risk is there of breakdown, why pay someone for something you think that you can do better?

One of those situations when is your produce exclusive? Or can someone else produce it???