Firm closing

finlo

Prior to Covid and just after you could have a great night in Ramsey. The Swan, Plough and Traf would be a good bet and maybe a pop into the Truth wine bar would add to the evening. Bus or Tram down with the late bus back to Douglas and a good night had by all. Sadly now after going down twice in the last few months , one being on pay weekend , it’s mind blowing  quiet . Swan had 12 or so in at 6 ish and no better when I left around 7. Plough not much better but tbf no footie on last time as usually many would be in watching on a Saturday. On to the Traf and again only around 15 or so and that was around 9 pm. Even the new place replacing Bar logo was really quiet. More staff than punters. So quiet that got an earlier bus back to Douglas. Pity as made a nice change from Douglas. 

Edited by Numbnuts

4 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Prior to Covid and just after you could have a great night in Ramsey. The Swan, Plough and Traf would be a good bet and maybe a pop into the Truth wine bar would add to the evening. Bus or Tram down with the late bus back to Douglas and a good night had by all. Sadly now after going down twice in the last few months , one being on pay weekend , it’s mind blowing  quiet . Swan had 12 or so in at 6 ish and no better when I left around 7. Plough not much better but tbf no footie on last time as usually many would be in watching on a Saturday. On to the Traf and again only around 15 or so and that was around 9 pm. Even the new place replacing Bar logo was really quiet. More staff than punters. So quiet that got an earlier bus back to Douglas. Pity as made a nice change from Douglas. 

they heard you were going north so they all went south.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, WTF said:

they heard you were going north so they all went south.

Love it. Have you know have some really good friends in Ramsey. Just went down to give a mate some moral support so didn’t make it common knowledge me being there. Didn’t want to stress the bar staff out in case they ran out of stock and couldn’t serve the masses . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

That’s a shame. Perhaps you could be persuaded to give it another go?

I can’t imagine that Ramsey has been any more or less affected by any other town on the Island by Covid.

I have spent, with my friends, many a nice evening on the quay this summer , sitting on a bench across from the Traf, pint in hand watching the sunset. With my dog who is a magnet for others to come and chat to you.

OK I’m an old fart but I can think of no ( or few ) better ways to spend the evening.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I can’t imagine that Ramsey has been any more or less affected by any other town on the Island by Covid.

I have spent, with my friends, many a nice evening on the quay this summer , sitting on a bench across from the Traf, pint in hand watching the sunset. With my dog who is a magnet for others to come and chat to you.

OK I’m an old fart but I can think of no ( or few ) better ways to spend the evening.

You’ve just given the reason no one goes to Ramsey, it’s just dead except for a few old boys sitting by the quay with dogs!’

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Ohh for sure will definitely head down again as soon as my mate gets back from his holiday. Was chatting to a girl the other day from Ramsey and asking her why so quiet. She reckoned as Uni students had all gone back that’s why it’s quiet but not sure that’s the reason. It just feels flat and nothing happening sadly. And would agree with you the quay can be idyllic. And I’m no spring chicken lol…70 next year . 

Edited by Numbnuts

OK, horses for courses and all that.

I’m  not going to tell anyone where they need to live or visit or what they need to enjoy their life.

For my part I enjoy living in Ramsey. 

But it’s not just a few old boys sitting on the quay with their beers and their dogs.

Theres a fair few of the younger generation enjoying the same.

• Like 1