Firm closing

finlo

40 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

I think you missed a major point there.

You need to read your own post before you complain about mine.

No I did not you are advocating not buying local you should be ashamed of yourself, go have a look in the mirror old chap

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Can we have a translation? 

Yes of course.

Shoprite currently operate two stores within a mile of each other in Ramsey and have done for ages.

Theres nothing in the public domain that suggests Tesco’s couldn’t do  the same.

I ‘m sorry you didn’t understand.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alpha-acid said:

You dont buy local because of the price you do it to support local business, idiot

Said you...

I said...no...I don't buy local regardless of the price.

Sorry mate...the market does not pay through the nose just to support local.

That's the very definition of 'market'.

So, no...I'm not a supporter of overpriced local...as most people in the market aren't.

Clear enough for you?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

It’s getting almost impossible to do that in some places. Only two none self service tills left in B&Q. When they go I won’t be shopping there. Might as well buy online if I have to do everything myself. 

If any Tesco staff ask me, "Would you like to use a self-service till?" I just reply, "No thanks. I don't work here."

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Langweilig said:

If any Tesco staff ask me, "Would you like to use a self-service till?" I just reply, "No thanks. I don't work here."

I would like to see more scan-as-you-shop checkouts - it is so much more convenient. You can carefully pack your shopping in order as you go around the store. Without having to do it at the checkout.

Anyone not using the Clubcard is paying over the odds.

• Like 1

According to Which? not all clubcard prices are the bargain they seem to be. The regular price is inflated before the club price is applied and the club price is sometimes more that the old regular price!!!

Could be that Manx Flour is more pure than others?

I always get a rise from it, especially when kneading two at once!!!!

Edited by Kopek
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Yes of course.

Shoprite currently operate two stores within a mile of each other in Ramsey and have done for ages.

Theres nothing in the public domain that suggests Tesco’s couldn’t do  the same.

I ‘m sorry you didn’t understand.

Not disputing that just can’t see the point. Dare say that Tesco may agree

8 minutes ago, Kopek said:

According to Which? not all clubcard prices are the bargain they seem to be. The regular price is inflated before the club price is applied and the club price is sometimes more that the old regular price!!!

Could be that Manx Flour is more pure than others?

I always get a rise from it, especially when kneading two at once!!!!

It's not a question of whether or not the Clubcard is a bargain. The point is that you will pay more without it.

IOM bread flour presumably has a lower protein content than other bread flours. Hence less rise.

21 minutes ago, genericUserName said:

Anyone not using the Clubcard is paying over the odds.

...is what you said but it depends on your rationalising, buy the reduced item without a clubcard or buy the next similar item along the shelf which is cheaper anyway!!!

Do you want Zubrovka reduced to 15 quid or Tesco own brand at 13 quid? Who's fooling who?

12 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

But you’d have to be very rich or very stupid to buy from Tesco’s without using one

....but as I say above, the club prices are not the bargain you are LED to believe they are?

Let's face it, one would be stupid to believe any marketing hype from any major retailer!!!

If you don't believe that VoR, I have a pre-loved guttering downpipe, 4m long, yours for only £750, bit coin required!!!

14 minutes ago, Kopek said:

....but as I say above, the club prices are not the bargain you are LED to believe they are?

Let's face it, one would be stupid to believe any marketing hype from any major retailer!!!

If you don't believe that VoR, I have a pre-loved guttering downpipe, 4m long, yours for only £750, bit coin required!!!

I’m not saying the clubcard prices are a bargain, I’m saying the non Clubcard prices are a rip off.

If you can get these discounts by scanning a chip on a piece of plastic you’d be mad not to.

Have you had the 25% of 6 bottles of wine  ( with Clubcard) offer on recently?

Edited by The Voice of Reason
  • Like 2