Firm closing

finlo

4 minutes ago, Kopek said:

I don't food shop at M&S, keks and socks only but while their customer rating is high, their 'value for money' rating is low!!!

On many items they are significantly less costly than Shoprite. Better too - much fresher and better quality fruit and veg.

And their own brand items are considerably less costly than Sainsburys items at Shoprite prices.

2 hours ago, Kopek said:

I don't food shop at M&S, keks and socks only but while their customer rating is high, their 'value for money' rating is low!!!

That's also my perception.

Your perception is wrong.

They are possibly the best value for money food retailer on the island

Edited by CrazyDave
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Fred the shred said:

M&S have improved a lot in the past couple of years foodwise they have a good selection of bread and the food has improved in value and variety.

I agree. But it's not really a supermarket as I perceive it. It's a food hall with a few none food items. I would never think to do our weekly shop there even thought it's technically possible. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Manxman1234 said:

Apparently M&S looking at old Safeway site for a food hall . 

I heard that as well. It would be a simply food, with the addition of a cafe. It would allow the current M&S to expand its offering on clothing, furniture and homeware. That’s unless IOMG start interfering, and Professor Ashford will want to know what Manx produce and food and drink they will stock. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Happier diner said:

I agree. But it's not really a supermarket as I perceive it. It's a food hall with a few none food items. I would never think to do our weekly shop there even thought it's technically possible. 

They sell toilet roll. Washing powder etc etc.

Its a perfectly viable alternative to any supermarket 

• Like 1