Firm closing

finlo

2 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Does anyone miss it?

Truly?

It's on trend to have a whinge about. 

Have a look at any Government/IOMSP thread. It's great for these people, as it's an infinite game for them to complain on.

There will be the odd moan about Tesco over the coming weeks and months, but once the next trendy thing comes along everyone will have moved on.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

I don't disagree, it was a rhetorical point that I was making. We don't  o specifically for Manx Products but we buy them when we can. I agree it isn't a great retail experience going to Shoprite. All the fish seems to go out of date within hours and the veg is all over the place. Tesco is better generally across the board.

I was trying to say that I am hearing people moaning about this takeover meaning the end of Manx products. Many of these people are the ones with Arla foods milk, English potatoes and Irish Beef steaks in their trolleys coming out of Tesco

Isn't the fish, as well as the veg, down to Robinsons?

Just now, Roxanne said:

But the Island thought it was the end of the world, but, we got through it and we'll get through this too.

You might have got through RB closure, but I still have a Mollenburg sized hole to fill.  You can be terribly callous at times! ;)

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

will the robinsons staff in shoprite get made redundant and then rehired by tesco to continue to deal with fruit and veg that tesco have bought over or are they all shoprite staff that just wear robinsons clothing to identify their department?

Edited by WTF

28 minutes ago, WTF said:

will the robinsons staff in shoprite get made redundant and then rehired by tesco to continue to deal with fruit and veg that tesco have bought over or are they all shoprite staff that just wear robinsons clothing to identify their department?

Above our pay grade.