Firm closing

finlo

44 minutes ago, Banker said:

I miss it !

Is still remember when I was a kid and my mum bought a bunch of jam doughnuts from RB. Except they didn't contain jam and she complained. Luckily it was near Easter and in my child's eye, I remember receiving 100s of Hot Cross buns as recompense from them.

22 minutes ago, CallMeCurious said:

Certainly don't miss finding a lump of crust baked inside the bread when they had recycled some of the stale loaves back into a new batch. Priced themselves out of the market IMHO.

That comment is just absolute fabricated bollocks.

Good work though, it seems to be the way most posts are constructed on here.

Not a firm closing, but a reminder that when the general public behave like dicks it has a big impact on local firms.

Dont be a dick.

🔔UPDATE TO BOOKING DEPOSIT POLICY🔔

We are really disappointed to have to write this post, but unfortunately, it is something we need to talk about. 

On Sunday 8th October, we had 22 no shows / last minute cancellations across our Sunday day time service. We have been stung by no shows and last minute cancellations before, but never this badly. 

As standard, stock we order in and staff rota’d on are based on our bookings. We lost a lot of money on Sunday, and to put it simply, this is not sustainable for us. Therefore, we have decided to update our booking deposit policy. 

Tables of eight guests or more will be required to pay a £10per person non refundable deposit upon booking. 

We implore the public to please call restaurants if you are unable to attend your booking with as much notice as you can give. We appreciate that sometimes something urgent might come up where you can’t attend your booking, but it’s always very helpful to us if you let us know you’re unable to make it. It might give us enough time to amend our orders, or send staff home early. In a time where local hospitality businesses are struggling, a small gesture like this goes a long way. 

We hope everyone understands why we have made this decision, and continues to support our business. 

Have a great weekend all,

The Boathouse Team💙

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

🔔UPDATE TO BOOKING DEPOSIT POLICY🔔

Look at the regular 5-10% of no show doctor and hospital appointments...and apply that to a +£200m budget and extrapolate it to an ever building waiting list.

People need fining if they have no reasonable excuse...or need to go down 3 snakes to the bottom of the waiting list.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Freshness, that's the issue. All the bread is a day or more old. Ramsey bakery you could buy your loaf 5 hours old.

Ramsey bakery you could buy your loaf 5 hours old. - except the parts recycled in from the previous unsold batches?

I could be wrong but pretty sure Co-op finish off some of their whole bread from part-baked frozen bread on site, they are still warm when they put them on the shelves.

Knew a guy who owned and ran a huge concern supplying major chains with that type of product all over the Uk and beyond. Stores a long time on site (handy for the odd ferry failure), clean, unskilled and low on energy to get the 'fresh baked bread' appeal.

1 minute ago, CallMeCurious said:

I could be wrong but pretty sure Co-op finish off some of their whole bread from part-baked frozen bread on site, they are still warm when they put them on the shelves.

If you time it right on a Saturday morning you can get the donuts when they're like this, warm, runny, sticky jam

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

With a nice pot of Whittards. Just about perfect I would imagine.

It would be perfect if I had any! I will need to get a box of one of their teas though, very soon with it coming into autumn. There's one that just works. I have other quality teas available mind.

I also have a box of that very weird jam on toast tea from Yorkshire. Its very weird. And compelling. And moreish. And weird.

4 hours ago, Roxanne said:

But the Island thought it was the end of the world, but, we got through it and we'll get through this too.

Well Rox not sure the whole Island thought it was the end of the world.

But yes we’ll get through both occurrences.

As long as the Home of Rest for Old Horses remains, the Island will survive. “ Whichever way you throw me……..etc”

57 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

also have a box of that very weird jam on toast tea from Yorkshire. Its very weird. And compelling. And moreish. And weird.

I was offered that this very morning but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. :)

With milk or black? Somehow I think milk to make it more bread like but that doesn't even make any sense.

Anyway, I"m going back to the same place tomorrow. I might give it a go.