Firm closing

finlo

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

This may not be entirely their fault. 

It isn’t. Tried it last night, they were told they’d have the licence on Friday and then was told 430pm Friday it was delayed.

Then they contacted all customers advising it was BYOB. It’s also only a restaurant licence, not a bar licence. So you can’t just go in for drinks.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

It isn’t. Tried it last night, they were told they’d have the licence on Friday and then was told 430pm Friday it was delayed.

Then they contacted all customers advising it was BYOB. It’s also only a restaurant licence, not a bar licence. So you can’t just go in for drinks.

Must be more to it than that.

You're either granted a licence on the day or you're not. The sitting was on Thursday. Now not another one until November 9.

Sounds like they thought they'd done everything but didn't satisfy the court. 

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, jackwhite said:

Must be more to it than that.

You're either granted a licence on the day or you're not. The sitting was on Thursday. Now not another one until November 9.

Sounds like they thought they'd done everything but didn't satisfy the court. 

It was confusion between licensing and the fire officer, from what they explained.

The food was very good though.

Just now, NoTailT said:

I was all up for some moonshine too!! Took our own booze instead.

O'Donnells? You're not missing much 🤣

Front Porch has it.

Some proper moonshine, absolutely.

Be interesting to see what's on their rum menu. Prefer Caribbean stuff from Barbados and Jamaica but so much fantastic ones out there.

How was the food?

1 hour ago, jackwhite said:

O'Donnells? You're not missing much 🤣

Front Porch has it.

Some proper moonshine, absolutely.

Be interesting to see what's on their rum menu. Prefer Caribbean stuff from Barbados and Jamaica but so much fantastic ones out there.

How was the food?

Ah, noted!

The food was very good, highly recommend the crab claws.

I did think the steaks were a bit steep though, so we didn’t opt for them. £42 for an 8oz fillet.

Edited by NoTailT

7 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

£42 for an 8pm fillet.

Its a no from me when I can pretty much do onion soup and steak for two of us at l’experience when they run their offer.

I don’t mind paying for a quality product and will probably try it once to give them a chance but I would expect some spectacular sides to be included for £42

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

Its a no from me when I can pretty much do onion soup and steak for two of us at l’experience when they run their offer.

I don’t mind paying for a quality product and will probably try it once to give them a chance but I would expect some spectacular sides to be included for £42

It comes with vine tomatoes and rosemary fries, is all I know. Bit rich for us to have steaks at that price.

Really enjoyed the tapas plates though.

I cant imagine it has got any better,  - on the rock dealing with any Department of government during the time I was there, was like wading through treacle with an parachute dragging behind you.

The trouble is that there is no proper legislation.

This IS A BIG PROBLEM - FORGET NO RED TAPE - If there is no proper legislation, rules and Regs to set a level playing field,  it is Far Far worse than "Red Tape"

(Seen last week when Tesco took a Monopoly position and IOMG could do nothing about it)

This lack of proper legislation and therefore Rules and Regs leaves business at the behest of which ever CS you happen to talk to.

Give me Red Tape any day over some 0 level failure that has a chip on their shoulder any day.

They can trash your business with a couple of pen strokes.

You can also join the club and ...... I will leave that up to your imagination.

• Haha 1