Firm closing

finlo

2 hours ago, jackwhite said:

Must be more to it than that.

They should have used Ken Kneale to get their licence through 😜😀.

It's actually 'Rum Babas' not Rum Tots.

Is the L'experience place still open? The old building?

7 minutes ago, Kopek said:

That's a fucking disgrace right there.

What an absolute joke.

"Emergency evacuation plan for a CS gas attack" to sell cider, £200 a go, fuck off you obvious grifter. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Kopek said:

It's actually 'Rum Babas' not Rum Tots.

Is the L'experience place still open? The old building?

L'experience in The Regency now. 

The old building at the foot of Summerhill Road up for rent currently at £19K per annum (reduced). Think it started at 25k from memory.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Fred the shred said:

L’experience has been in the Regency for some time, used to like it in the old place now it is expensive and lost its charm.    The food is not great either.

I thought food was very good but it is expensive but only on a par with similar places like Enzos, boatyard etc. Where is expensive for what you get is Little Fish and 14 North plus they add 12.5% gratuity to every bill!!

I have the impression the English people think of restaurants as significant an experience -waiters asking how the food was and so on. The right kind of wine. Always trying to find the new dining experience. That is ok. 

When I moved to Germany things were a little different - people ate out more, but it was more basic - good quality, but it was either a piece of cow or a piece of pig and potatoes and a salad. And the single waiter was moving so fast it was difficult to order another beer. (And the women drank beer).

This is a photo in Tenerife. A bar on top of a multi-storey car park on top of a supermarket. Plastic chairs, plastic tables, no tablecloth. No credit cards. No menu. Locals only. No Michelin Guide entry. I gesticulated that a piece of fish would be OK. It was not expensive, but it was better than OK. I am happy with this kind of thing. (But I'm cheap).

2023-04-21-132220-DSC_8801-preview2-ri.jpg.4d96fb3a98a63a4122228373cf5d1d86.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fred the shred said:

L’experience has been in the Regency for some time, used to like it in the old place now it is expensive and lost its charm.    The food is not great either.

Prefer it now it’s in the Regency. Always felt a little claustrophobic in the other place, tables too close and the candles seemed to add to that feeling.

Edited by The Voice of Reason
Typo
  • Like 1

On 10/13/2023 at 10:32 AM, Kopek said:

Manx flour is '' free from the additives'' required by UK flour, chalk thiamin iron and nicotine!!! and is 100% pure, according to the packet.

UK flour has been fortified with four vitamins and minerals since WW2 when it was introduced to stave off some of the nutritional deficits of rationing. The additives are iron, calcium, thiamine (vitamin B1) and niacin (vitamin B3). Nicotine has never been added to UK flour. Manx flour isn't fortified. However, many years ago I ate brownies in Onchan that were fortified with something pretty spectacular.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

I have the impression the English people think of restaurants as significant an experience -waiters asking how the food was and so on. The right kind of wine. Always trying to find the new dining experience. That is ok. 

When I moved to Germany things were a little different - people ate out more, but it was more basic - good quality, but it was either a piece of cow or a piece of pig and potatoes and a salad. And the single waiter was moving so fast it was difficult to order another beer. (And the women drank beer).

This is a photo in Tenerife. A bar on top of a multi-storey car park on top of a supermarket. Plastic chairs, plastic tables, no tablecloth. No credit cards. No menu. Locals only. No Michelin Guide entry. I gesticulated that a piece of fish would be OK. It was not expensive, but it was better than OK. I am happy with this kind of thing. (But I'm cheap).

Locals only? How does that work?

12 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Locals only? How does that work?

Think. It’s hidden, out of the way. The sort of place that you stumble on by accident. Not in any guide book. The sort of place I’m always on the look out for. Somewhere where they aren’t specifically catering for tourists, menu only in local language.

Sometimes, most of the time, honestly, you show a total incapacity to reason; at all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

45 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

Cañarían potatoes baked in salt. Mmmmmm

• Like 1