Firm closing

finlo

1 hour ago, Two-lane said:

Aye. Pot noodle? You were lucky!

I were once offered.... No I wasn't. Can't compete with a pot noodle sandwich. Yup, that's Guinness Book of Records standard.

It wasn't Pot Noodle sandwich. It was a Super Noodle sandwich. The two are entirely different. 

I wouldn't be seen dead eating a pot noodle.

Edited by Roxanne
Typo
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Jarndyce said:

Well, I’ve learned something so the day hasn’t been wasted.   I thought Gentleman’s Relish was full of anchovies; and that Henderson’s was a version of that…

Gentleman's relish is an anchovy paste  (my favourite) it's FULL of anchovies. Hendersons is nothing like it.

Happy to oblige. :)

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Well that maybe true 

We had the Harbour Bistro in Ramsey which some might have said was overpriced. But in terms of food and service it was exceptional.

Yes it was the top end ( certainly for Ramsey) and we were fortunate that we could afford to eat there as an occasional treat.

There has  been many theories advanced as to why they closed, overpricing being just one. The Island  being what it is, other explanations have been offered. Who knows?

Be nice if they reappeared at an alternative venue in Ramsey as the product was good.

I know... PM me if you want the truth why it closed

27 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

Heard today Red scaffolding has sold out to another well known local company. Not sure if it's true, nor of what prompted the decision to sell, but if he can't make money charging £100k a time for scaffolding at the power station (emergency jobs so no tendering) then what hope is there for the rest of us?

thats history, not news.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

Heard today Red scaffolding has sold out to another well known local company. Not sure if it's true, nor of what prompted the decision to sell, but if he can't make money charging £100k a time for scaffolding at the power station (emergency jobs so no tendering) then what hope is there for the rest of us?

He?  The guy who ran it stepped away from the business months ago.

Who says selling a company has anything to do with it not making money?

• Like 1

On 10/15/2023 at 11:24 PM, Kopek said:

Manx Flour is free from 'Nicotinic |Acid' as required by UK flours.

It's how they get you hooked on UK breadf!!! You have a sandwich and immediately want another???😀

I'll take a bit of nicotinic acid. It's a vitamin and it lowers cholesterol.

On 10/15/2023 at 8:48 PM, Two-lane said:

Cuban cigars rolled on the inner thigh of some young lady

Ah- would that it were true. A myth I'm afraid, like the myth that all Cuban cigars are good, they're not. The 'virgin's thighs' myth got going in the early 1940's when an American journalists watched a group of young Cuban woman sorting tobacco leaves that they piled onto their laps.

55 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

I don't know who scaffolded the Nurses home for the Manx Development project   it been up over a year now  and looks like being there for at least the other ,  and must be costing a fortune , cant believe there are financial issues  with Red  perhaps he has made so much money he is able to take early retirement  and go and live in the sun , 

construction is still overheating and builders seem to be able to charge what ever they want for work !

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Omobono said:

I don't know who scaffolded the Nurses home for the Manx Development project   it been up over a year now  and looks like being there for at least the other ,  and must be costing a fortune , cant believe there are financial issues  with Red  perhaps he has made so much money he is able to take early retirement  and go and live in the sun , 

construction is still overheating and builders seem to be able to charge what ever they want for work !

They appear to be more taking it down that construction 

looks like top 2 floors removed