Firm closing

finlo

14 hours ago, NoTail said:

Apparently the guys in hi viz are checking the steelwork which may need taking down as it has been exposed to the elements too long and there are questions about whether it is level. Told to me by a reliable source. 

Should have got the guys in from DoI, Them boys can do a proper fuck up job

• Haha 4

Speaking to the girls in willaston Mrs Bs this week & they can’t understand why that business hasn’t been put up for sale as it’s always busy & new housing complex opposite shop being started soon guaranteeing more customers for bacon baps etc

32 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

Well there will be an empty shop going if anyone decides to step up and start up with other suppliers.   Do the Corporation own those shops ?

I’m fairly certain they own willaston & pulrose buildings but we don’t know terms of lease & whether RB will rip out fittings, ovens etc

1 hour ago, Banker said:

Speaking to the girls in willaston Mrs Bs this week & they can’t understand why that business hasn’t been put up for sale as it’s always busy & new housing complex opposite shop being started soon guaranteeing more customers for bacon baps etc

Apparently also that Mr B's is the busiest one according to the girls in Bathurst street one. I had asked them didn't any of them fancy taking it over . That shop is another leased too. 

1 hour ago, Banker said:

guaranteeing more customers for bacon baps etc

You need to sell a lot of bacon baps to cover rent, rates, staff costs, insurance, electricity, gas, water, etc

Not much spent on bacon though if the Castletown branch is anything to go by

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Banker said:

Perhaps the simple reason is the owners want out. Selling a business (or a company, or part) as a going concern is a highly complex area, lots of legal fees, accountants' fees, warranties, undertakings, disclosures and it is only one element of a bigger concern.

If I was the owner of RB, I would want to sell the whole lot, or nothing. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Banker said:

Well it’s a prime spot in centre of town, ideal for flats. Ramsey commissioners should be buying for social housing 

A terrible spot for housing, a very busy road to the front and a industrial site/builders yard to the back, hardly desirable.