Firm closing

finlo

1 minute ago, Lilly said:

£28 for Prosecco seems a tad steep to me after all; it's not Champagne,  although there is a possibility of a different view.  Before you shout at me, l do know what Moet Costs.

Maybe it's a special reserve.

Champagne? It isn’t even Cava.

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Sorry, that was meant to be funny;  I totally missed the mark. 

No, I got it. It was attempt at humour in reply that failed. I’m in the middle of Cava country right now. And most of it is better than most champagne.  Prosecco is a cheap also ran.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

That’s some mark up on the Freixnet. Winery door price for the Prosecco is €6 for white and €4 for the rose. Inc 21% Spanish VAT.

I know they’ve got transport, duty, and wholesaler mark up, plus their own,  plus 20% VAT, but £28 a bottle?

The musings of a man who has never run a hospitality business.

Are some of the items overpriced? Yes.

You can't compare supermarket price v licensed premises price. Yes you'll get it cheaper in the supermarket. If I'm being extremely harsh then yes, the Brewdog is on the high side. 

The most disappointing aspect for me  is the rum. They've made a big deal of it but it's an awful selection. Yes I'm biased, but there's significantly better out there. 

• Like 1

On another note, Kikis new place is opening tonight. 

The usual people complaining in the comments about their food offering. Yes it's ridiculous but it totally fits their brand. They are a place that already has an established market and this new premises and food offering, even if it's not to my tastes or yours, will only keep them there longer. 

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/tropical-douglas-bar-announces-surprising-menu-items-as-it-prepares-to-re-open-in-new-location-644674

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

That’s some mark up on the Freixnet. Winery door price for the Prosecco is €6 for white and €4 for the rose. Inc 21% Spanish VAT.

I know they’ve got transport, duty, and wholesaler mark up, plus their own,  plus 20% VAT, but £28 a bottle?

Quick glance at some wholesalers shows it going for around £12-14 a bottle. By the time you add on delivery to IOM, is it really that much of a markup in that category? 

Of course that's if that's what they're paying. Slightly longer search shows special offers around £7.00 but not sure whether you'd be able to get to IOM without making some form of shipping arrangement.

1 hour ago, CrazyDave said:

Having said that, the whole thing looks expensive to me.  It had better be good because that is an expensive night out or lunch.

IMG_8216.jpeg

IMG_8215.jpeg

If the quality of the spelling is anything to go by I'll be giving it a miss. 

You'd think they'd put a bit of bloody effort into the menu...