Firm closing

finlo

The Rum Babas thing is mental. Inexperience maybe so at least let them work it out.

Went to Kikis tonight and they have the feel of their old place but a nicer space. Really done well. Cocktails not cheap but they are superb to be fair. I still won't be eating off their menu but I don't think it's aimed at people like me, to be fair to them. 

Already a nice space and will be heaving when we come back round to good weather.

5 minutes ago, jackwhite said:

Cocktails not cheap but they are superb to be fair. I still won't be eating off their menu but I don't think it's aimed at people like me, to be fair to them. 

What dickheads? 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, jackwhite said:

The Rum Babas thing is mental. Inexperience maybe so at least let them work it out.

Went to Kikis tonight and they have the feel of their old place but a nicer space. Really done well. Cocktails not cheap but they are superb to be fair. I still won't be eating off their menu but I don't think it's aimed at people like me, to be fair to them. 

Already a nice space and will be heaving when we come back round to good weather.

Is there a copy of the menu anywhere.  I heard it’s interesting and love trying stuff a bit out of the ordinary.

Just now, CrazyDave said:

Is there a copy of the menu anywhere.  I heard it’s interesting and love trying stuff a bit out of the ordinary.

Kikis?

It's all a bit 'trendy' but, again, it's their branding and they know their market.

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5f90974243097904f39e8908/t/6498508dc66abd2766fe31d9/1687703714880/Kiki+-+MenuZine+-+Website+-+V1.pdf

Some silly names but the drinks themselves are well made. 

3 minutes ago, jackwhite said:

Kikis?

It's all a bit 'trendy' but, again, it's their branding and they know their market.

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5f90974243097904f39e8908/t/6498508dc66abd2766fe31d9/1687703714880/Kiki+-+MenuZine+-+Website+-+V1.pdf

Some silly names but the drinks themselves are well made. 

Thanks

Unless I am being thick, I still can’t see a food menu.

Why launch somewhere and generate PR around it sparking people’s interest, and not have the basics like a menu which is easy to find?  I can’t see it on their Facebook or website, or whatever that link is you just shared.

I have some youngish clients over from UK and was considering taking them tomorrow.  Why do places here make it so hard?

On a similar note, there were quite a few people trying to get into Rum Babas at the weekend a couple of days after their launch event and while they were still posting about it on social media.  All locked up and people were going elsewhere.

13 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

Thanks

Unless I am being thick, I still can’t see a food menu.

Why launch somewhere and generate PR around it sparking people’s interest, and not have the basics like a menu which is easy to find?  I can’t see it on their Facebook or website, or whatever that link is you just shared.

I have some youngish clients over from UK and was considering taking them tomorrow.  Why do places here make it so hard?

On a similar note, there were quite a few people trying to get into Rum Babas at the weekend a couple of days after their launch event and while they were still posting about it on social media.  All locked up and people were going elsewhere.

Their food menu is not up yet but it's snack food for the young crowd!

"Some of the menu highlights include potato smiles, deep-fried babybells and lasagne spring rolls."

Or you could have the daily alternating ice cream sandwich!

They're not about to win any Michelin stars soon but that's not their intention.

Regards Ruin Babas licence, from the above, I believe it is a restaurant license, so that huge beverage list is someones ego trip? A lot of stock to keep on board? wHY, to give the impression that they are a 'Bar' with unrestrictive serving? Will the Ramsey Police  turn a 'blind eye'?

Jack, how long under a restaurant ilcence will it take them to recover the cost of their 'cellar'???

3 minutes ago, Kopek said:

Regards Ruin Babas licence, from the above, I believe it is a restaurant license, so that huge beverage list is someones ego trip? A lot of stock to keep on board? wHY, to give the impression that they are a 'Bar' with unrestrictive serving? Will the Ramsey Police  turn a 'blind eye'?

Jack, how long under a restaurant ilcence will it take them to recover the cost of their 'cellar'???

At those prices not very!

In all seriousness, I doubt they will. Most people are not drinking JD or gin with food. Wine is your go to, the odd person for beer maybe or cocktail.

I hate to say this of any hospitality business. Especially here on the Isle of Man. But I think they'll struggle in general given the price of the food. I don't think they'll do much on alcohol sales. 

• Like 1