Firm closing

finlo

26 minutes ago, jackwhite said:

It's nothing like saying that. 

It's like saying buying a franchise is a waste of time. Anyone with some basic knowledge would be as well setting up their own, with it's own authentic identity, and would stand just as good a chance. The JP&P name means nothing in the UK. 

It should also be borne in mind that the owner doesn't have a track history in restaurants either. He's diligent and present though.

As a general principle IMHO, if you are going to buy a franchise it needs to be THE premier franchise in its field, like a McDonalds or a Costa.

Most other franchise investments are not worth the money. People have bought franchises to do all kinds of things over the years, even cleaning bins! I mean, why would you pay good money to someone for the privilege of going out to clean crappy wheelie bins while they lie in bed counting the money they took off you and all the other saps for the "exclusive territory"? If cleaning bins floats your boat, just set up your own brand name and do it anywhere without limitation to your own rules and standards.

A lot of franchisors are simply very effective marketing sharks that want to sell lots of territories and get rich quick. They are good at selling the idea, and to many of them that's really all that matters. You have some redundancy money, and you fancy a change of direction? Then walk this way, Sir! They will tell you that their franchise gives you all the benefits of running your own business with the security and backup of a large organisation as though you were employed. The reality is frequently the reverse. You have all of the hassle of running your own business, few of the rewards, and the network hub goes absent when you need support. In some cases, your senior contact is a master franchisee who paid even more to the licensor in a massive pyramid.

Many a bankruptcy has been built upon franchise purchase by completely unsuitable, gullible people who are commercially and financially unaware. I think personal financial advice upfront should be compulsory for anyone considering purchasing a franchise.

If you know your trade and what you are about, the only franchise that will assist your progress is a known name that has clout and big money marketing behind it. If you don't know your trade and/or haven't much idea about being in business, don't start with a franchise. It won't turn you into King Midas.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Manxman1234 said:

La piazza looks dirty and had set investment

carpets on the stair are disgusting 

place used to be amazing, 

Got to say never found it amazing although a friend who’s well heeled used to go there regularly with clients and staff. Last time prior to this visit was with him and some staff and he’s not been back since either. Sad as it was to be fair okay for a fun night out and food okay. Now , nah only my friend asked me and he was paying I wouldn’t have darkened the door. Just to clarify that was around 6 years ago re the friend with clients /friends one 

Edited by Numbnuts

7 hours ago, John Wright said:

They got some good creatives write the spiel for that.

Not sure how successful they really are, the boast is that they open lunch and evening and their best was 1500 covers, in a 150 seater restaurant, in one week in July 2023. So their best week had 70% occupancy, and that’s assuming evenings they only work on one booking per table.

@jackwhite will be able to tell us if that’s good.

It’s full most weekend evenings

4 hours ago, jackwhite said:

It's nothing like saying that. 

It's like saying buying a franchise is a waste of time. Anyone with some basic knowledge would be as well setting up their own, with it's own authentic identity, and would stand just as good a chance. The JP&P name means nothing in the UK. 

It should also be borne in mind that the owner doesn't have a track history in restaurants either. He's diligent and present though.

What?

Are you saying I would be better off setting up my own sandwich place 

4 hours ago, The Phantom said:

We definitely don't need another Pizza joint over here though. 

On a seperate note, I managed to find a Morgan's Pie last night and eat it with reverence. 

We do in Ramsey.  A decent sit in  pizza place would be very welcome.

35 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

The place badly needs cleaning and decorating.  Food is average

It's only a few years old, surely decor is OK, cleaning is not hard and hardly to be overlooked?

Only been once, it was perfectly OK!   Is it the price after the Pub?

• Confused 1