Firm closing

finlo

There'll be more than enough social housing in Ramsey with the forthcoming redevelopments of Close Voirrey and Cooil ny Marrey, if Ramsey Commissioners have funds available they want to start addressing some of the weeds around town, it's starting to resemble Kew Gardens in places particularly on the stretches of the TT course that run through the Town.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

There'll be more than enough social housing in Ramsey with the forthcoming redevelopments of Close Voirrey and Cooil ny Marrey, if Ramsey Commissioners have funds available they want to start addressing some of the weeds around town, it's starting to resemble Kew Gardens in places particularly on the stretches of the TT course that run through the Town.

I did give Rhumsaa a shot about the weeds on here a few months ago but appears to have fallen on deaf ears.

10 minutes ago, finlo said:

I did give Rhumsaa a shot about the weeds on here a few months ago but appears to have fallen on deaf ears.

The bottoms of garden walls on pavements both sides from Parliament Sq all the way to the bottom of May Hill (which are RTC properties) alone have 3" of silt and soil in which stuff is growing, some of them must be 18" high in places, plus everywhere else. The Town will be full of visitors and spectators in just over a month. Best tell them to bring machetes.

25 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

FFS, wild flowers growing?  Because that is what weeds are, just in the 'wrong' place.  If that is what stokes a fire in your belly, all hope is lost. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Non-Believer said:

The bottoms of garden walls on pavements both sides from Parliament Sq all the way to the bottom of May Hill (which are RTC properties) alone have 3" of silt and soil in which stuff is growing, some of them must be 18" high in places, plus everywhere else. The Town will be full of visitors and spectators in just over a month. Best tell them to bring machetes.

I think 'eco bollocks' was the term for not dealing with term I used maybe Daffy has got to them.

2 minutes ago, Gladys said:

FFS, wild flowers growing?  Because that is what weeds are, just in the 'wrong' place.  If that is what stokes a fire in your belly, all hope is lost. 

They're not wild flowers, they're weeds Glad, grasses, dandelions, hogweed, Stinking Rogers. It's neglect and it makes the place look unkempt and untidy, IMHO.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

They're not wild flowers, they're weeds Glad, grasses, dandelions, hogweed, Stinking Rogers. It's neglect and it makes the place look unkempt and untidy, IMHO.

Not to mention destroying the surface of the pavements they're pushing up through.

• Like 2

RB would make a nice site for a Mazda dealership!!!!

The Mrs Bs shops are of individual promise. RB have supplied them with a wide range of goods.

Perhaps a young couple, one with baking skills, 5am start, prepping beyond closing time, bringing in bread from outside, little prospect of ego individuality ( bacon baps)!

But Dlas rents tend to be quite cheap, a cheapish take away, nothing fancy, could make a go of some of the Mrs Bs outlets??? But all?

Looks like it's flats then?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Cheers, hop on board FFFFinlo.

We've debated this in the past, some of the Govt, local govt rents have been curiously low, Laxey Glen cafe would have required some 30k to cover the cost of refurbishment? What did it go for???

Banker, what part of my post has 'confused' you? The rent or the input required of new tenants????

You're presumably going to approve loans to these businesses or are you not that high up i banking????

Edited by Kopek

10 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

Nothing changed then? 

I had about 100m of public grass verges outside my gaff in Ramsey. Cut them every week myself. Had to persistently pester RTC to come and cut the rest, which they made a complete mess of, using a strimmer and a blower.

53 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

Nothing changed then? 

I had about 100m of public grass verges outside my gaff in Ramsey. Cut them every week myself. Had to persistently pester RTC to come and cut the rest, which they made a complete mess of, using a strimmer and a blower.

Personally, I just don't get it how nobody from RTC sees stuff, they're taking enough in Rates.

The authority's obviously not responsible for everything that makes Ramsey look tired (such as the road surfaces and worn out road markings and kerb painting) but they could be looking after what they are or have taken on responsibility for.

Albert Terrace and Queens Pier Road walls (see pic) where the weeds are abundant are RTC properties and haven't been washed down or painted for years. The owners of some of the demolition sites could be told to get the places tidied up, Albert Rd School site for instance.

The eyes of the visiting public are going to be on these places, what sort of impression do they get?

20220424_082826.jpg

Edited by Non-Believer
Add pic
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, finlo said:

I think 'eco bollocks' was the term for not dealing with term I used maybe Daffy has got to them.

well, there are 'eco' issues in dealing with weeds. Glyphosate is the most common systemic weedkiller available and widely used, but is believed to adversely affect the gut bacteria of bees, who are foraging on those dreadful dandelions that are blighting our island at this time of year. Also a known carcinogen.

I mean, take a look around the place, and you pick on the dandelions? Specist!

Now obviously 100m of grass verge should be a green desert rather then a part of a habitat corridor, order must be maintained, and all that.....

• Like 1