Firm closing

finlo

53 minutes ago, Lilly said:

That's awful yuk!  Does this still happen? 

Never send food back to the kitchen .. If you have issues it's worth checking  if they can remove the item off the bill ( after you have finished the meal)  . 

Most sensible staff should be asking you if you have not eaten something that you ordered  

If you feel it was a one off issue its better to be quiet especially if there is a possibility of you visiting again .

Edited by mad_manx
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, mad_manx said:

Never send food back to the kitchen .. If you have issues it's worth checking  if they can remove the item off the bill ( after you have finished the meal)  . 

Most sensible staff should be asking you if you have not eaten something that you ordered  

If you feel it was a one off issue its better to be quiet especially if there is a possibility of you visiting again .

I remember when l was travelling around France with my two young children in the late 80s early 90s, it was perfectly acceptable to walk through the back way of a restaurant, often passing through the kitchen area.  

1 hour ago, Lilly said:

I remember when l was travelling around France with my two young children in the late 80s early 90s, it was perfectly acceptable to walk through the back way of a restaurant, often passing through the kitchen area.  

Like Isola when you want to use the bathroom facilities 

he annoying as f**k adverts

Never buy food from someone who does the above, It's bound affect the food!!!

You have to  be careful not to send food back for frivolous reasons , if it's dumped in the bin, that's a dreadful waste.

3 hours ago, Happier diner said:

It's not been open for ages has it?

Well a day can seem like ages but that's all it's been that I'm aware of!

Not sure if they were open today but yesterday, Friday, most of last week, the weekend and most of the week before....... well you get the picture.

Seriously though, people with negative comments because they don't like the guys videos? Here's an idea, don't watch them!

The fact you're that bothered by them shows they're doing their job, getting noticed!

• Like 1

THE last time I had chips from them, 2 yrs ago?, they were the best on offer in this market, well cooked, skin on, brown . Sure beats the hell out of the normal chip shop fare???

Their opening hours do seem somewhat erratic though?

• Like 1

Bathurst st as a takeaway venue was so busy at one time, between 09.30 and 13.00 the white van fleet [WV] was in, no spare parking for a quarter mile it seemed, then it all changed, the cute chippy didnt take off, neither did the european takeaway, v good one IMHO , the Asian takeaway never seemed to open, Mr B's held out untill RB closed, the WV Workers transfered to Shoprite, Victoria road, Logans on Bucks road and of course Peel road KFC etc grabbed a lot of the business-- a moveable feast indeed 

11 hours ago, jackwhite said:

Well a day can seem like ages but that's all it's been that I'm aware of!

Not sure if they were open today but yesterday, Friday, most of last week, the weekend and most of the week before....... well you get the picture.

Seriously though, people with negative comments because they don't like the guys videos? Here's an idea, don't watch them!

The fact you're that bothered by them shows they're doing their job, getting noticed!

Surely it would be a simple task, and massively in their own interests, to have opening times shown on the door which bear at least a passing similarity to the actual opening times. I heard (on here) about 4 weeks ago that it had reopened. Been twice to buy some and found it shut both times despite the times on the door indicating that it should be open. This lead to be believe (understandably) that is was actually permanently closed

8 hours ago, Kopek said:

THE last time I had chips from them, 2 yrs ago?, they were the best on offer in this market, well cooked, skin on, brown . Sure beats the hell out of the normal chip shop fare???

Their opening hours do seem somewhat erratic though?

Erratic? Unbelievable

I will give it another try though as they were always far better than the terrible offerings on the Terrace