Firm closing

finlo

2 hours ago, Zarley said:

The other day someone said they were posting from a pub while watching sports and having fun with a few friends. I wondered how this could be so when he was busy arguing with someone here. Doesn't sound like a fun time to me and either he was neglecting his friends, or they were ignoring him and so he may as well argue on here. 

They were outside smoking.

I don’t smoke, so had a few minutes free to reply on here.  It’s not complicated and I explained at the time.

Edited by CrazyDave

2 minutes ago, Turtleish said:

Radcliffe butchers closing down .. 

Screenshot_20231031_122754_Samsung Internet.jpg

Hardly surprising. He’s been threatening to close at last once a year for the last 5 years. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, forestboy said:

Especially when no parking in the Square. 

There's a perfectly adequate car park not more than 100 or so yards away. The square has been far better as an area for people to get together in a public area over the summer to enjoy the outdoors and more recently the big screen. There's zero need for parking in the square.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Capt_Mainwaring said:

There's a perfectly adequate car park not more than 100 or so yards away. The square has been far better as an area for people to get together in a public area over the summer to enjoy the outdoors and more recently the big screen. There's zero need for parking in the square.

Don’t let sense get in the way of some outrage. I’d wager most of the outpouring of grief is from people who haven’t set foot in the shop, or complained about the cost of a £15 steak. The elephant in the room here is the post suggesting the wholesale business is closing along with the retail. No doubt a few parking spaces in the square may have put off Mrs miggins but it won’t have made a blind bit of difference to the schools & hotels. 

edited for typos

Edited by StCatherine
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Capt_Mainwaring said:

I’m sure he was taking the piss as that’s all Radcliffe‘s have been publicly saying for at least the last 5 years. 

Edited by Cueey Lewis And The News

21 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Going back to chippy wars.

Port Jack is right back at the top of it's game. 

Hope Street was the go to back in the day.

Hope Street was good. As was The Creel. I veer between preferring the Terrace or Port Jack.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

Hope Street was good. As was The Creel. I veer between preferring the Terrace or Port Jack.

Tend to find the terrace chips a tad anemic. They clearly have a fast turnover, so perhaps they're not in the fryer long enough. Doesn't stop me going mind !