Firm closing

finlo

Big loss to the island is Radcliffes closing ,people ,including me ,came from all over the Isle of Man  to buy their quality meats and poultry especially at Christmas , top quality friendly service and always a smile , 

they will be a huge loss to the retail sector in  Castletown 

but doesn't this just about sum up whats happening in the Isle of Man , which in many peoples opinion  is quickly going down the pan  much of it to do with government  regulating  the place to death ,and destroying what was our traditional way of life 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John Wright said:

Hope Street was good. As was The Creel. I veer between preferring the Terrace or Port Jack.

Yugh! You must never have had decent fish and chips😬

The Ramsey trawlerman and the Bourne plaice are far better IMO. After those 2 come cod and castle in peel.

The 3 amigos, chippy, port jack and the islander are all pretty poor I reckon. Mushy grey fish that does not seem fresh, undercooked batter and soggy undercut chips. Harry Ramsden would turn in his grave. 

All a matter of personal taste though of course. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Omobono said:

Big loss to the island is Radcliffes closing ,people ,including me ,came from all over the Isle of Man  to buy their quality meats and poultry especially at Christmas , top quality friendly service and always a smile , 

they will be a huge loss to the retail sector in  Castletown 

but doesn't this just about sum up whats happening in the Isle of Man , which in many peoples opinion  is quickly going down the pan  much of it to do with government  regulating  the place to death ,and destroying what was our traditional way of life 

Isn’t it more to do with someone who has run a business for years deciding that they don’t want to anymore?

There are newer places with passionate owners doing very well.  Look at the butchers in Kirk Michael and Kermelleys in Ramsey.

Port Jack, the Terrace  and Islander are far too busy for the fish not to be fresh each day. Frozen maybe? but Cod as specified on the menu. I doubt there is enough Callig around to service the above, that can be a bit 'colourful'!!!

1 minute ago, CrazyDave said:

Move to Ramsey then.  Or Port St Mary which also has a superb chippy.

I know it’s all about location, location, location: but you’d have to be seriously obsessed with fish & chips to buy your house based on the quality of the nearest chippy!  🙂

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Kopek said:

Port Jack, the Terrace  and Islander are far too busy for the fish not to be fresh each day. Frozen maybe? 

The fish sold in all of the above are from frozen. Not saying it's a bad thing, frozen fish is often 'fresher' than off a fishmongers slab. 

• Like 2