Firm closing

finlo

2 hours ago, Omobono said:

Big loss to the island is Radcliffes closing ,people ,including me ,came from all over the Isle of Man  to buy their quality meats and poultry especially at Christmas , top quality friendly service and always a smile , 

they will be a huge loss to the retail sector in  Castletown 

but doesn't this just about sum up whats happening in the Isle of Man , which in many peoples opinion  is quickly going down the pan  much of it to do with government  regulating  the place to death ,and destroying what was our traditional way of life 

The Government may be responsible for many things, but I’m not sure you can point the finger at them for Radcliffes closing down. And in the process destroying “ what was our traditional way of life”

Businesses come and go for all sorts of reasons. Changes in consumer preferences, family reasons, competition etc etc.

If you have information as to how  the Government is to blame for the demise of Radcliffes I’d like to hear it.

Yes it will be a sad loss.If we ever found ourselves down south we would make a point of buying marinated pork belly slices and other products from there . But que sera, que sera

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Banker said:

Never actually went in the shop & don’t know many who did other than for sports trophies engraved. Probably own building so more money in selling that 

I have but I guess it’s hardly worth keeping the shop open paying staff at least minimum wage with the electricity burning for 7 hours a day to mine the measly footfall in Strand Street / Castle Street. There’s nothing in there you can’t buy online and most of the parking in town has now been removed so mail order is less hassle anyway. It’s a shame after 188 years though but I imagine it probably costs more to stay open than just shutting up shop - the story says that he’ll do the engraving from a separate site (probably home so minimal overheads).

Edited by Cueey Lewis And The News
  • Thanks 1