Firm closing

finlo

2 minutes ago, WTF said:

i didn't write the rules/laws , some people must owe quite a bit with the parking charges as they are.

Not really.  £2.50 weekend parking saved every single week, if it were taxed as a benefit in kind would cost most people an additional £13 a year in tax.

20 minutes ago, WTF said:

so when people use their workplace car park for going into town at the weekend they should owe tax on the parking then as they aren't at that time attending their place of work ?

No. It says it’s exempt if the principal use is for work. Occasional use for shopping, etc. wouldn’t be chargeable.

Well today I went yet again to the New Bathurst st Diner for some fish and chips. It was closed again. Friday lunchtime FGS. I mean is actually open at all. The opening hours have been removed from the door. Google says it's open 12 till 2 today and Facebook is active .

Very strange. Won't be bothering my arse to try is again.

On a positive, our usual fallback (the terrace chippy) was called into action. I was pleasantly surprised. Nice white fish with a fresh taste. Crispy batter cooked to perfection and chips nice and crispy and not soggy and greasy. Every cloud has a crispy lining.👍

34 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Well today I went yet again to the New Bathurst st Diner for some fish and chips. It was closed again. Friday lunchtime FGS. I mean is actually open at all. The opening hours have been removed from the door. Google says it's open 12 till 2 today and Facebook is active .

On a positive, our usual fallback (the terrace chippy) was called into action. I was pleasantly surprised. Nice white fish with a fresh taste. Crispy batter cooked to perfection and chips nice and crispy and not soggy and greasy. Every cloud has a crispy lining.👍

Can't beat the Terrace!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

The one in Onchan precinct is good but obviously a bit further away 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Happier diner said:

did you have a sit in ?

22 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Sit in there is good. Staff really friendly , good and portions are really big which suits a big lad like me. But chips with pie/fish with all the extras are so not cheap now. Or maybe I’m a tight ass or lost in the past. 

tight ass it is

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Banker said:

The one in Onchan precinct is good but obviously a bit further away 

I agree it's good. Not so handy when you live in Douglas and only have 45mins though for lunch though and you've just wasted 15 of those minutes going to a chip shop that's not even fucking open. 😭

Noticed that the Thai place opposite M&S is closed . Nothing  seems to really do well in that shop .. Wasn't there a middle Eastern restaurant there that ended up closing  after a year and now this one .

I wonder what the issue is as that area is quite busy and has a lot of footfall ..

3 minutes ago, mad_manx said:

Noticed that the Thai place opposite M&S is closed . Nothing  seems to really do well in that shop .. Wasn't there a middle Eastern restaurant there that ended up closing  after a year and now this one .

I wonder what the issue is as that area is quite busy and has a lot of footfall ..

maybe the rent is a bit much ??   that thai place is moving into the  7 kingdoms place by the railway pub if the signs in the windows mean anything

• Like 1