Firm closing

finlo

15 minutes ago, WTF said:

maybe the rent is a bit much ??   that thai place is moving into the  7 kingdoms place by the railway pub if the signs in the windows mean anything

Yes they have closed their restaurant also on Bucks road and seems they are concentrating on 7 Kingdoms .

I think most businesses are struggling here these days not helped by our deluded government trying to portray the place as a rival to Monte Carlo!

ETA says it all when even the charity shops are calling it a day!

Edited by finlo

\\\\\\\\\\\moving from a prominent Strand/ Duke st location to the north quay~??? does'nt  seem like a planned  move? If it was a pop up, then a next situation would be seem possible but if it is a 'where next', then it could be desparation>????

Wish them well!!

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Kopek said:

\\\\\\\\\\\moving from a prominent Strand/ Duke st location to the north quay~??? does'nt  seem like a planned  move? If it was a pop up, then a next situation would be seem possible but if it is a 'where next', then it could be desparation>????

Wish them well!!

Think they overstretched themselves with the Strand Street property.

Rent on it was about £30K a year but they were still running the one on Bucks Road. The latter was doing well but they were using frozen type food in the Strand Street one and going for high volume.

Didn't work out for them.

The previous place was down to the owner himself. A guy with an 'interesting' background, to be kind.

Not sure how it will go down at the Seven Kingdom site tbh. I'm not convinced that the people running the bar have any knowledge how to (personal opinion and not knowing a huge amount about them) and they're then sub-letting to Thai Taste.

It can work, as evidenced by Bonzai, but it never seemed to take off for the other tenant. If Shri can't make it work, then that should be a warning sign.

14 minutes ago, jackwhite said:

Rent on it was about £30K a year but they were still running the one on Bucks Road. The latter was doing well but they were using frozen type food in the Strand Street one and going for high volume.

The previous place was down to the owner himself. A guy with an 'interesting' background, to be kind.

You'd think a kebab joint or similar takeaway opposite 1886 would be a licence to print money, but of course it doesn't work like that.  A viable business needs more than a few hectic hours.

1 hour ago, jackwhite said:

Not sure how it will go down at the Seven Kingdom site tbh. I'm not convinced that the people running the bar have any knowledge how to (personal opinion and not knowing a huge amount about them) and they're then sub-letting to Thai Taste.

It can work, as evidenced by Bonzai, but it never seemed to take off for the other tenant. If Shri can't make it work, then that should be a warning sign.

I tried it once. It was way down on quality from the bucks road offering. What I got was a massive load of plain noodles with just a dressing of actual dish. It was poor value and I never tried it again. 

3 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

You'd think a kebab joint or similar takeaway opposite 1886 would be a licence to print money, but of course it doesn't work like that.  A viable business needs more than a few hectic hours.

The kebab shop pretty much next door, is possibly the best on the island.  You don’t need two right next to each other.