Firm closing

finlo

3 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I remember eating on a mezzanine space at the Ticket Hall some years ago. Is that what you mean?
I can’t imagine there is two mezzanines.Maybe it’s been shut for a while and is reopening ?

Think they mean it just wasn’t being used by them to this point. 

They’ve had it a few months now, presumably just ground floor. 

4 minutes ago, finlo said:

Faraghers eggs calling it a day not uneggspected I suppose.

Someone on here previously said an egg is an egg, so no wonder people pay buttons for the crap ones rather than a proper price to support local firms producing quality product.

Ps.  That was a terrible pun, and someone’s livelihood is no yolking matter

40 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

Someone on here previously said an egg is an egg, so no wonder people pay buttons for the crap ones rather than a proper price to support local firms producing quality product.

That was me. Faragher’s decision was down to the cost of getting stuff here including difficulty with getting healthy chicks. That’s how I read it 

1 minute ago, Passing Time said:

That was me. Faragher’s decision was down to the cost of getting stuff here including difficulty with getting healthy chicks. That’s how I read it 

That, and the fact that they can’t charge people the actual price they need to to make up for the extra costs because people think a crappy imported cheap (do you see what I did there) egg is the same as a fresh local free range one.

The race to the bottom on price and quality is one that none of us should be encouraging or taking part in, but there are always people who think “eggs are eggs” who can’t see the bigger picture.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CrazyDave said:

not everyone is willing to shell out on a decent product.

so how  difficult has it become to import a few chickens into the Isle of man  from the UK   why do the faragher's need an import licence  after all these years , and are we regulating this island to death , perhaps someone involved with agriculture can let us know ?

9 minutes ago, Omobono said:

so how  difficult has it become to import a few chickens into the Isle of man  from the UK   why do the faragher's need an import licence  after all these years , and are we regulating this island to death , perhaps someone involved with agriculture can let us know ?

It will be keeping a "clutch" of cs in jobs..