Firm closing

finlo

1 hour ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

Those sort of places are always the biggest winners in a recession. I’m not sure how scalable places are that charge £9 for a bacon bap or some avocado toast. There’s only a finite number of customers in that bracket. If Weatherspoons ever set up here the brewery would be bust in 3 months. 

They won't they have looked at it and can't compete with H+B on price, there is a surprise

16 minutes ago, alpha-acid said:

They won't they have looked at it and can't compete with H+B on price, there is a surprise

Stuffed by the racket, maybe they could use the new Mezeron/Stobart vessel that will be carrying all the Tesco trailers.

ETA that will certainly be a kick in the balls to the rackets bottom line!

Edited by finlo

44 minutes ago, finlo said:

Stuffed by the racket, maybe they could use the new Mezeron/Stobart vessel that will be carrying all the Tesco trailers.

ETA that will certainly be a kick in the balls to the rackets bottom line!

And what are they using for a linkspan to get the trailers off?

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Happier diner said:

Wetherspoons have looked at it. If they could find a suitable venue in Douglas they will do it. They considered regent Street but it was too expensive. It's true. 

Wetherspoons would be a great edition to the isle.  The prices H and B charge are ridiculous. I don't actually think H and B would be too bothered as they seem to be offloading their managed stock, although Wetherspoons would go it alone.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, swoopy2110 said:

50 in the que for Mc Donalds at 10-30 this morning , it must be the cheapest and most  taste less  breakfast in town , don't know what they see in it ?

Surprised they have not opened a second outlet, there is clearly the demand for same and it would ease the traffic issues on the main road.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hmmmm said:

Wetherspoons would be a great edition to the isle.  The prices H and B charge are ridiculous. I don't actually think H and B would be too bothered as they seem to be offloading their managed stock, although Wetherspoons would go it alone.

Don't agree on this. 

People say things like this but also say they want local businesses. The two don't go hand in hand. 

They'd definitely hoover up the brewery pubs customers. However then you have the likes of The Blind Pig, The Nags Head, The Thirsty Pigeon, even potentially The Rovers. They would likely lose customers to these guys. They're selling the same thing (hence why I've said potentially The Rovers) but at a much lesser price. Also the likes of Jaks, The Front Porch, Quids  and 1886 would lose business to them during the week, when there's no entertainment or sports. Even then, some people in these venues aren't bothered about these things. 

8 hours ago, Happier diner said:

Wetherspoons have looked at it. If they could find a suitable venue in Douglas they will do it. They considered regent Street but it was too expensive. It's true. 

How do you know? 

Edited by jackwhite
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Hmmmm said:

Surprised they have not opened a second outlet, there is clearly the demand for same and it would ease the traffic issues on the main road.

Everyone - and I mean everyone - laughed when McDonalds opened on the Isle of Man. Who wants that over here? But the place made National newspapers for the queues, and that has remained more-or-less the same for 20 (?) years now. Strand Street would benefit from a McDonalds although I am sure such an option has been looked at by the mighty McDonalds business.

• Like 1