Firm closing

finlo

17 hours ago, jackwhite said:

No idea.

There are two applications. One to reduce the shop frontage and another for the signs and such like. Thought they could do all of that as one, but not sure if that's the case. 

https://services.gov.im/planningapplication/services/planning/planningapplicationdetails.iom?ApplicationReferenceNumber=23/01378/B 

https://services.gov.im/planningapplication/services/planning/planningapplicationdetails.iom?ApplicationReferenceNumber=23/01379/D

Does say 83 Strand Street, which is showing as Claires, if you Google it. Maybe the address on the form is wrong or it's at the back or......? 

Don't think it is Claire's as they do not have a recessed entry and there are only two tall windows on the upper floors.  Ditto Pandora next door.  There are then two empty units for let, both with three tall windows above street level, one of which is completely shuttered, so may have a recessed entry. 

5 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Don't think it is Claire's as they do not have a recessed entry and there are only two tall windows on the upper floors.  Ditto Pandora next door.  There are then two empty units for let, both with three tall windows above street level, one of which is completely shuttered, so may have a recessed entry. 

Must be 81 then (think it was last a barbers shop). Maybe they've put the wrong number on it. 83 is Claires and that's what's on the application.

Edited by jackwhite

24 minutes ago, jackwhite said:

Must be 81 then (think it was last a barbers shop). Maybe they've put the wrong number on it. 83 is Claires and that's what's on the application.

Think it is one of the two shops in the other direction (87 & 89 if the numbering follows logically) by looking at the planning application.   Much bigger and part of the Strand Shopping Centre building if not the centre itself.  

42 minutes ago, John Wright said:

No. That’s on Victoria Street, and sells sandwiches.

This is on Strand Street and sells luxury Belgian chocolates.

Posh deli sarnies apparently.  Keen to investigate and I'll report back. 

Roots on Prospect Hill does a pretty decent selection for lunch actually and would imagine they'll be in direct competition. 

42 minutes ago, Moghrey Mie said:

Thorntons chocolate shop closes.

Leonidas chocolate shop opens.

I've always been puzzled by Thorntons products and business model.  It's like a artisanal chocolatier that sells shit chocolates to people who don't know any better.  As part of a marketing course I once went on, I had to develop a marketing strategy for them.  '50 shades of Brown' wasn't as enthusiastically greeted as I was expecting. 

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Will it be open by christmas? Guess no if planning is needed, could do somewhere to buy decent chocolates for gifts. Good luck to whoever it is doing it.

Davidsons website is very good.  You can collect from the shop or they deliver

Edit - just seen other post. Was trying to be helpful 

Edited by CrazyDave