Firm closing

finlo

11 minutes ago, Fred the shred said:

You are spot on Woolley and this is the time recruitment and training should be happening not the weeks running up to the actual events.    A recruitment drive this time of the year could get some interest going.

Marshals should be getting paid by IOMG out of substantial budget, say £50 per day plus some travel expenses. Ridiculous relying on volunteers for such a large profitable event.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Banker said:

Marshals should be getting paid by IOMG out of substantial budget, say £50 per day plus some travel expenses. Ridiculous relying on volunteers for such a large profitable event.

Yet there are always people prepared to do it, so why pay them when we don’t need to?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

I stand to be corrected but I don't think marshals ever get paid by any major motorsport organisation - a bit like the RNLI it's always relied on volunteer goodwill.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Stu Peters said:

I stand to be corrected but I don't think marshals ever get paid by any major motorsport organisation - a bit like the RNLI it's always relied on volunteer goodwill.

Not many other events require a minimum 500< to cover it though at an increasingly expensive location to access?

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Making them employees would have consequences like having to supply toilets for all, hot water for washing hands, messing facilities etc.

Not sure how they get away with it at the moment but if you have ever used one of those blue portaloos on a hot day you will know what I mean.

Then again shi77ing in a hedge and having no hot water to wash your hands is all part and parcel of the TT experience......

6 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

Then again shi77ing in a hedge and having no hot water to wash your hands is all part and parcel of the TT experience......

I tend to have a funk before I leave the house if I know I am going to be out for a long time with no access to facilities, but whatever floats your boat I guess.

Also I agree with Stu, I am not aware of any motorsport event where Marshall’s get paid.  Even for F1 or MotoGP

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

I honestly didn't know that.  I'd assumed for F1 et al they'd be paid.  Especially with them being, how shall I say this... less 'grassroots' than the TT. 

29 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

Making them employees would have consequences like having to supply toilets for all, hot water for washing hands, messing facilities etc.

Quite a few are tourists too, so god know how they'd work out tax etc.  As employees there would also be the requirements for their wellbeing, such as suitable chairs, shelter etc which I bet on the Mountain wouldn't come up to spec. 

To be honest a couple of perks wouldn't go amiss though; maybe some special privileges with the riders/teams/hospitality or maybe a bit of a discount on travel for the tourists. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Phantom said:

To be honest a couple of perks wouldn't go amiss though; maybe some special privileges with the riders/teams/hospitality or maybe a bit of a discount on travel for the tourists. 

Or even some modicum of respect considering it couldn't go ahead without them.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

Fancy opening a franchise of a successful, local pizza and pasta business?

https://www.justpizzaandpastafranchise.com/our-story/

Anyone who knocks their use of UK can do one.  It’s obvious why it’s done like it is.

This has done the rounds here before, and the consensus was: Why would you because what profile do they have? Not a fan of franchising in general, but if you're going to, it needs to be a name that sells stuff.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, reptar said:

Yeah, you really need to set up and run more than one before you roll out the franchise model.

At least a dozen, otherwise you're in danger of seeming like you're just looking for the big payday too quickly. This has been around a little while now. I wonder if there are any franchisees yet operating or in the pipeline.

Not been in Pizza... but it does seem to be busy mostly. So it's ticking, perhaps, the family dining requirement, cheap enough to feed the picky Kids rather like Barbary Coast??

If there are not other franchisees, this can take time to build up, good luck to him in the meantime.

• Like 1