Firm closing

finlo

1 hour ago, The Phantom said:

Yeah looked like more of a pop-up to be honest. 

I'm not suprised he's doing well, there must be a fairly decent mark-up on those £1000 Parkas. 

The guys from Kikis hold the lease for that and, as mentioned, it was only temporary.

Kikis guys still planning on opening the ‘pavement cafe’ they put the planning app in for. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, jackwhite said:

Kikis guys still planning on opening the ‘pavement cafe’ they put the planning app in for. 

Drinks will probably be good.  Food will probably be pretty random... 😉

12 minutes ago, Banker said:

Keeping the same food hours as brewery ie no food after 8 , no good for tourists or anyone who wants to eat later.

Who would want to eat later in a pub that is very much a drinking pub in the evenings?

There are plenty of restaurants in a five minute walk where you won’t have people at 9pm stops at the bar and walking into your table.

5 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

Who would want to eat later in a pub that is very much a drinking pub in the evenings?

There are plenty of restaurants in a five minute walk where you won’t have people at 9pm stops at the bar and walking into your table.

The function room upstairs is being used so certainly could avoid the latter situation you mention.

Could be just me, but I think some of the things on that menu are overpriced.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jackwhite said:

The function room upstairs is being used so certainly could avoid the latter situation you mention.

Could be just me, but I think some of the things on that menu are overpriced.

Those prices are pretty consistent with prices over here other than spoons

Richard is one of the better Chefs on the Island. Could be that the hours suit him after years of midnight finishing and prep sessions that no-one sees??? Spend time with his Family as politicians say!!!

Most prices are shocking these days, just inflation I guess~? Still shocking tho!

I would imagine that his Saturday takings will beat the Bar takings for the period!

Good luck to him and the British for this venture to lift the type and quality of the offering!!!

• Like 2