Firm closing

finlo

Just now, Tangental99 said:

But the woman you have made up sounds like some sort of midget if they can’t manage a whole serving of imaginary food in the imaginary pub you we’re discussing. 

Small. Petite. Ladylike and attractive. Funny. Intelligent.

PS.  She cleared the plate.  Read it again and try and understand 😂

35 minutes ago, Tangental99 said:

Nobody is back. Are you going to mentally argue with yourself all evening? It should be a real wow for everyone tittering offline about what a mental person that is having aggressive arguments with themselves in some sort of embarrassing and demented online breakdown. 

You give yourself away every time Cuey...

On 1/12/2024 at 7:34 PM, CrazyDave said:

A perfect example of being reasonably priced, but poor value.

I don’t expect to pay over £100 for four people with only one alcoholic drink and all still be hungry when you leave.

The food is good, but I would rather pay a couple of quid more and have bigger portions.  None of us are particularly big eaters and when we went every plate was completely cleared which would never happen at The Creg, Colby Glen etc.

To be honest I would be very grateful if I was hosting a dinner for four with one alcoholic drink each, coming out at £100  ( how much more than that was it). You’d have paid  an extra £18 ( two quid x 4). Well why not buy a couple of extra desserts and asked for four spoons?

Why do you think it is a good thing to leave uneaten food on your plate at the Creg etc when there is so much starvation in the world?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

To be honest I would be very grateful if I was hosting a dinner for four with one alcoholic drink each, coming out at £100  ( how much more than that was it). You’d have paid  an extra £18 ( two quid x 4). Well why not buy a couple of extra desserts and asked for four spoons?

Why do you think it is a good thing to leave uneaten food on your plate at the Creg etc when there is so much starvation in the world?

Not worthy of a response.

Must try harder.

12 hours ago, Capt_Mainwaring said:

@The Voice of Reason I'm with you here.

There's nothing worse than being overfaced. I think it must be some sort of manx thing: plates overloaded with food.

I would say paying for three courses, clearing every plate (which is unheard of for us) and still being hungry when leaving is worse than leaving some chips on the side of a plate because you feel like you have had enough. 

16 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

We all had desserts.  Still hungry.

Only one person had an alcoholic drink.  It was just shy of £130 as I recall

Edited by CrazyDave

2 hours ago, Kopek said:

You should see the plates at an American 'All you can eat buffet' !!!

I can imagine. I went to a cheesecake factory got a chicken ceaser salad, never been so full in my life. Didn't even have room for a slice of cheesecake

• Haha 1