Firm closing

finlo

13 hours ago, Nellie said:

It is quite obvious that you will never generate the footfall and turnover to cover all overheads, pay wages, and turn a profit. The previous operators more or less said that, when not renewing their lease.

The only way that this venue could be made to work would be to get a six/seven month lease, say mid- March to mid-October, and for a retired person/couple, or someone with other means, to run it more as a 'hobby' than a business, where providing a service and meeting people are more important that making money. 

As you say, the halfwits at the DoI, with their grandiose words, are simply totally our of touch with the real world.

Is the Ellen Collister who is named in the advert Mrs Cueball?

17 hours ago, Lilly said:

I do wonder why the powers that be have to complicate everything.

You've heard the one about the devil making work for idle hands? It could have been coined for sections of our government.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, woolley said:

You've heard the one about the devil making work for idle hands? It could have been coined for sections of our government.

AKA, "Job Justification"

21 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

I lost 99.94% on Cineworld shares! 

Was speculating that everyone wouldbe piling back in post covid.

Eedjit!

Your next publishing opportunity. Investing With Del: This time next year we'll be millionaires.

I have seen several posts on Facebook that Tours coaches business has been sold and they’re not honouring existing bookings for off island trips with no communication to customers and no refund as yet, app not doing off island trips anymore. Also KWC pick ups for pupils also cancelled with effect tomorrow.

Havent seen anything official announcement, any one heard ?

,,...taking Dhoon Kiosk Café to new heights...''.

That 4800 will be 5760 inc vat!!! Seems unrealistic, Museum cafe is  only 10k, tho' still available!

They do say estimated' rent, so possibly negotiable? Poss pro rata on the opening hours/months???

All the guff in the ad is usual Govt expectations, got to sell Queenies, Kippers and Manx Lamb!!!

Get the contract and then tell them that you are the expert and know what to offer for the best service / results!!!

Does the MER Tram actually stop there long enough for pax to partake of the refreshments??? I could see two sides to that argument, pushing the pax to spend at the stop and forcing the pax to partake!!!

We discussed VAT minimum turnover to register in another thread , does the site only sell ''Take Away' food?, is cold take away food VAT free? Could that mean VAT registration on any turnover is worth the increase in prices if the 'cold' element is VAT free??? Or does tables outside mean it is not 'Take away'?

Complicated but hope it helps anyone thinking of this outlet.

1 hour ago, Banker said:

I have seen several posts on Facebook that Tours coaches business has been sold and they’re not honouring existing bookings for off island trips with no communication to customers and no refund as yet, app not doing off island trips anymore. Also KWC pick ups for pupils also cancelled with effect tomorrow.

Havent seen anything official announcement, any one heard ?

All of their booking money has apparently been held in escrow as standard practice for years. If there are any refunds due arising from cancellations I’d imagine they will be really quick. 

11 hours ago, The Phantom said:

I'll be going for Dune 2.  Still a place for them for the big spectacle films.

Golly gosh.
If it’s  a sequel to the original Dune film that I was dragged along to many decades ago regress  no place for it in my life. Second worst film I’ve had to endure in my life, the first being “Marley and Me” although it’s close 

2 minutes ago, Kopek said:

No, Titanic was the worst, Straw Dogs the best along with 'The Odd Couple'' !!!

Never seen Titanic. 

Best I think was “ Midnight Cowboy “ but given time I could probably think of a few more. ( Music rather than films is my thing)

“Confessions of a Window  Cleaner” was a bit of a disappointment though

You didn't miss anything with Titanic, Hollywood at its' worst? Midnight.... tho',  a good attempt at serious cinematography???

...and then there's Eraserhead and the 'Crawling Hand', where do they fit into our cine history?>??

Edited by Kopek