Firm closing

finlo

Regarding Tours Isle of Man there has been nothing on MR about this, a friend of mine has booked to go on holiday with them in April has paid a deposit and was totally unaware of the situation until they read about it on IOM News and Politics.    What a way to run a business I hope they get their deposit back but it won’t make up for disappointment, taking time of work etc.

2 hours ago, Banker said:

I have seen several posts on Facebook that Tours coaches business has been sold and they’re not honouring existing bookings for off island trips with no communication to customers and no refund as yet, app not doing off island trips anymore. Also KWC pick ups for pupils also cancelled with effect tomorrow.

Havent seen anything official announcement, any one heard ?

I suppose if true, and  IOM transport using public money to undercut them for private hire I can see why happening 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fred the shred said:

Regarding Tours Isle of Man there has been nothing on MR about this, a friend of mine has booked to go on holiday with them in April has paid a deposit and was totally unaware of the situation until they read about it on IOM News and Politics.    What a way to run a business I hope they get their deposit back but it won’t make up for disappointment, taking time of work etc.

Apparently all booking money is held in escrow. I would imagine they will get their money back very quickly. 

1 minute ago, Kopek said:

If Tours have been 'taken over' I'm sure there will be a statement soon about 'new' arrangements for these situations?

Rumour has it the same person who bought a few local taxi firms and other businesses has purchased it also

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Manxman1234 said:

I suppose if true, and  IOM transport using public money to undercut them for private hire I can see why happening 

Not sure what that has to do with off island trips to harrowgate etc as Iom transport don’t go there!!

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Kopek said:

Does the MER Tram actually stop there long enough for pax to partake of the refreshments??? I could see two sides to that argument, pushing the pax to spend at the stop and forcing the pax to partake!!!

you get off tram 'A' , have a nose bag , and continue your journey on tram' B' when it turns up.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Kopek said:

No, Titanic was the worst, Straw Dogs the best along with 'The Odd Couple'' !!!

First time I watched Titanic, I was drunk. Its surprisingly entertaining then. Rewatching sober; not so much. 

"Paint me like one of your French girls" 

10 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Golly gosh.
If it’s  a sequel to the original Dune film that I was dragged along to many decades ago regress  no place for it in my life. Second worst film I’ve had to endure in my life, the first being “Marley and Me” although it’s close 

You're thinking of the 1984 one? That was my first intro to Sci fi and I still like it. But they re made it a couple of years ago (it was even better) and this is the sequel to the remake, out in a couple of months.

Tours also have several contracts with schools , I just hope they have got their PR in place  cant be letting schools and children down  with the weather we are currently experiencing ,and any uncertainty will cause them to loose drivers