Firm closing

finlo

1 hour ago, ManxTaxPayer said:

Pizzaiolo is very good.

11 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

Or the place down by them .

Agreed - Pizzaiolo is the best Pizza on the Island by a country mile. 

Take away only though.  I actually feel a bit guilty when the family decide to go for a sit-down Pizza meal and I have to walk past Pizzaiolo to Just P&P!  

• Like 1

I pondered getting one of those, but then I worried about eating pizzas all the time and becoming morbidly obese. Or putting it in the garage next to the bread machine I do love pizza though. 

If it's anything like our house you can add soda stream/toastie maker/veg spiraller/v slicer. to that list...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VikingRaider said:

I have to admit it was the best pizza place for me up until they opened the Douglas shop and then it went rapidly downhill and started to not bother opening. Its been closed now for months so its only a confirmation of what happened some time ago.

Listened to the owner on Manx Radio and he seemed to be having a rant about Brexit, when your business model seems to revolve around bringing in cheap labour from Bulgaria and you can't anymore then its an easy target.

I can understand why some business owners brought in European labour. Some Eastern European and European have a good work ethos, don’t mind hard work or working in the service industry. Sadly some local/indigenous  people don’t want to work, get out of bed, no matter what the pay is, minimum wage or higher - look at KFC et al who have difficulties recruiting. Some egaming firms bring in their own staff, and the firm wishing to build a campus, on Victoria Road, will bring staff over to the island, hence the need to build staff accommodation. 

I pondered getting one of those, but then I worried about eating pizzas all the time and becoming morbidly obese. Or putting it in the garage next to the bread machine. I do love pizza though. 

I'm interested....obvs

What's the difference between a normal oven and a pizza oven though?

1 hour ago, Roxanne said:

BURN THE HERETIC!

Pizza Napoli was always my favourite too when it was just the Ramsey one. I agree with others that it went downhill.

There’s somewhere else in Ramsey that’s supposed to be really good but I can’t remember the damn name. It is the place that used to be the Lucky Star. Or maybe next door. 

Roxanne - MF’s worst food critic. 

42 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

Agreed - Pizzaiolo is the best Pizza on the Island by a country mile. 

Take away only though.  I actually feel a bit guilty when the family decide to go for a sit-down Pizza meal and I have to walk past Pizzaiolo to Just P&P!  

Pizza Napoli in Douglas flatters to deceive a bit. They are ok. But they are very thin....but not crispy. Not so tasty either. Don't know why. 

1 hour ago, Roxanne said:

BURN THE HERETIC!

Pizza Napoli was always my favourite too when it was just the Ramsey one. I agree with others that it went downhill.

There’s somewhere else in Ramsey that’s supposed to be really good but I can’t remember the damn name. It is the place that used to be the Lucky Star. Or maybe next door. 

Roxanne - MF’s worst food critic. 

Doesn't Conor Cummins have a pizza place at the Mooragh?

13 hours ago, Annoymouse said:

It was my favourite but has been hit and miss ever since the owners left, they also had a good pizza chef leave maybe a year or so ago (probably 2 knowing me as I feel like I’ve lost a year with Covid nonsense) and it was never consistent after that, although I still preferred them over others because the topping stays on, the other outlets are a greasy mess in comparison.

That may have been why then.