Firm closing

finlo

14 minutes ago, Fred the shred said:

Someone yesterday said it was a different person from the one who had the place on the Quay that is where the confusion has arisen.  Didn’t that one have the bottle neck one TT week ?   

That was Raj Chatha.

15 hours ago, Fred the shred said:

Someone yesterday said it was a different person from the one who had the place on the Quay that is where the confusion has arisen.  Didn’t that one have the bottle neck one TT week ?   

15 hours ago, Fred the shred said:

So is it him or not that is the question  🤣  or have we another Raj with a few bob around and about ?

On 2/11/2024 at 10:04 AM, Happier diner said:

Is this the same guy?

There are two 'Rajs'.  Let's just imagine it's Indian for 'John'. 

Raj Chetha the Oddbins dude and also owns a lot of property in Douglas.  Now doesn't live here, last I heard he was in Monaco.

Then there is this new Raj.  He is the one that has bought a lot of local businesses recently, most via a Holding Company that is registered at Majestic Drive.  It would appear this is the guy in the report. 

The government is obviously running a secret 'one in, one out' policy on wealthy Raj's.

As soon as the first one left they opened auditions for a new wealthy Raj and this one got the gig.

His role now is the same as the previous one, to throw his money and weight about, buy loads of stuff and then fuck it all up, and ultimately leave things significantly worse then before he arrived.

Good luck new Raj.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, reptar said:

The government is obviously running a secret 'one in, one out' policy on wealthy Raj's.

As soon as the first one left they opened auditions for a new wealthy Raj and this one got the gig.

I could do that - I mean, I’m not wealthy and I’m not called Raj: but I’m guessing that training would be available?

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, reptar said:

His role now is the same as the previous one, to throw his money and weight about, buy loads of stuff and then fuck it all up, and ultimately leave things significantly worse then before he arrived.

Good luck new Raj.

Typical government contracting out what they used to do themselves.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Jarndyce said:

I could do that - I mean, I’m not wealthy and I’m not called Raj: but I’m guessing that training would be available?

Nah, there's definitely no training for this, you've either got it or you don't. And it's hard coded into the wealthy Raj DNA from birth.

This isn't just fucking stuff up, this is wealthy Raj fucking stuff up.

On 12/19/2023 at 10:00 PM, Freggyragh said:

Because vegan and vegetarian 'burgers', 'sausages' and 'roasts' are generally disappointing — usually made in factories at least a week before they are sold on in supermarkets — expensive, unloved units of food. Vegetarians I know who care about their health and tastebuds mostly cook from scratch. I have to admit that well made vegetarian fare, particularly based on vegetarian food cultures is pretty good (though often a bit heavy on ghee and paneer for me). I have opinions on veganism too, but I have learnt from experience that it is best to keep them to myself. 

Was in Barcelona in late January, with a Manx vegetarian friend. Found an interesting veggie restaurant in George Orwell Square. Lots of whole food, veggie, and vegan restaurants and cafes in that area. Vegetalia Gotico 

He had tofu Thai Green curry. I had a taste and it was fine. I had a veggie chicken style nugget starter, which was disappointing texture and flavour wise and an Impossible Burger. If I hadn’t known I’d have been fooled. Texture was good. Flavour was approximately correct. I was happy.

Way back in June last year I went to a vegan Indian restaurant in Norwich. The tandoori ( tofu ) “prawn” starter had flavour and texture completely correct and the “lamb” style rogan josh was equally deceptive.  Namaste Village.

Id revisit either if passing.

6 hours ago, The Phantom said:

There are two 'Rajs'.  Let's just imagine it's Indian for 'John'. 

Raj Chetha the Oddbins dude and also owns a lot of property in Douglas.  Now doesn't live here, last I heard he was in Monaco.

Then there is this new Raj.  He is the one that has bought a lot of local businesses recently, most via a Holding Company that is registered at Majestic Drive.  It would appear this is the guy in the report. 

Raj is some fella.