Firm closing

finlo

9 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

I suspect you guys are confusing 2 totally different people and several very different entities.

Do your own homework, where Google is your friend.

Yes there are. Although I wouldn't put it past 'old' Raj to have had some facial surgery and a new passport.

The Cos Registry is your friend in this instance...

2 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

Yes there are. Although I wouldn't put it past 'old' Raj to have had some facial surgery and a new passport.

The Cos Registry is your friend in this instance...

would surgery be necessary ? 

Tacoma on Victoria Street is closing down and reinventing itself as a cocktail bar…yawn…and also going to purvey a variety of draught ales with a pool table thrown in.   On the bright side instead of the owners throwing in the towel they are having a crack at diversifying the products offered on the premises to try and keep going good luck to them.

32 minutes ago, Fred the shred said:

Tacoma on Victoria Street is closing down and reinventing itself as a cocktail bar…yawn…and also going to purvey a variety of draught ales with a pool table thrown in.   On the bright side instead of the owners throwing in the towel they are having a crack at diversifying the products offered on the premises to try and keep going good luck to them.

It was very expensive for the offering similar to wine down and now food cellar 

2 hours ago, Fred the shred said:

They run the front porch which is a great boozer so I'm sure they will be successful.

9 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

They run the front porch which is a great boozer so I'm sure they will be successful.

I guess that depends on your definition of 'great boozer'. I wouldn't be so sure with the way they're remodelling. 

2 hours ago, Banker said:

It was very expensive for the offering similar to wine down and now food cellar 

It tried to be Wine Down, even taking their sommelier as manager. The problem was, it wasn't Wine Down.

2 hours ago, Fred the shred said:

It sounds very similar to Oscars with more beer. The name is also a bit odd, Grain and Vine, if they're aiming at beer, ok the first part, but then cocktails. If they said beer and wine, then fair enough. 

4 minutes ago, jackwhite said:
15 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

I guess that depends on your definition of 'great boozer'. I wouldn't be so sure with the way they're remodelli

It's a very successful boozer. It's not great but it's a successful concept. 

Tacoma wasn't and isn't 

2 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

It's a very successful boozer. It's not great but it's a successful concept. 

Tacoma wasn't and isn't 

I didn't say it wasn't. The comment was 'great boozer', not successful one. 

I don't think this is a great concept either, given there's it seems to be similar to Oscars. I think it's even the old Oscars manager now. So they'll be going after their market. 

In short, they went for that sort of crowd with Tacoma thinking they could win people away from Wine Down. It clearly didn't work. This looks similar with Oscars, again within a stones throw of it. I don't think they understand that sort of clientele enough.

Regardless, in 18-24 months time, I think we'll be talking about either them or Oscars closing.

9 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Jack white casually shitting on other peoples businesses again. Nice one.

Shitting on it how? 

Because I said it wasn't a great concept or 'great boozer'? 

The first is clearly correct. It didn't work.

The second is a matter of opinion. It's a faux American pub. I guess like O'Donnells with Irish bars. I guess if you're into that sort of thing, then fine. I don't think it's a 'great boozer'. Neither did the next poster. It's been successful for them. 

I also just don't think this is a great concept. They're purporting the largest selection of beer on the Isle of Man. That's pretty easy to do. If it's anything like the mass produced AB Inbev stuff they sell at their other place, it won't really make a blind bit of difference. As I said, other than the beer, it sounds like an identikit Oscars, even down to the ex manager. They did the same thing with Tacoma, in similar proximity to the other concept they were imitating. 

Maybe it won't be that, but that's what it sounds like. 

I don't get how stating that is 'shitting on other peoples businesses'.