Firm closing

finlo

3 minutes ago, Manxman1234 said:

The Hops expert, you might not of heard of it as it’s poorly signed. Looks like a charity shop that’s closing down from the outside. Although does have some nice craft beer. He likes to competitor bash 

That's not me. 

I'm sure Teapot will be along to give you into trouble for talking down local businesses soon. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

I dunno...Bushy's are now up to 70+ brews...unfortunately we only get to see 3 at any one time due to local beer economics.

There's a massive potential there to bottle and market and export all of that...if we could only find the right millionaire to give it a go. TV and advertising campaigns are essential.

Given the number of visitors to the island in the last 30 years...that's one helluva potential export market.

Hooded Ram as was, now Odin, has a similar potential with the right backing.

A full pint and a guaranteed water quality are good sellers.

...and, given the right govt support, there's a shit load of empty containers currently returning to the UK every day.

Is the current multi-millionaire at Bushy's not the right one for it? 

1 minute ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Time will tell...but current (now 2 yrs) form says...errr....no.

I don't think he's giving up the reins anytime soon so it may well be some time. 

I get what you're saying but, as I've said many times, the brewery market in the UK is saturated. There's talk of Adnams now being in trouble. 

They're all fighting for a very small corner and I don't see an IOM company breaking into that. No doubt they'd make sales if they were allowed to use the TT angle. Whether that would be enough, I still doubt. 

I don't think it will happen anytime soon, if ever. 

3 minutes ago, Manxman1234 said:

So is this a different Jack white talking about getting a return from Hops ?

IMG_3503.png

No, that's me.

But as I quite clearly said in that post, I'm not actively involved in the business. 

I explained this at the time, but will do so again for your benefit. 

They are friends of mine. I have known one of them a long, long time. I invested some money. I'm no longer invested in the business. 

Edited by jackwhite
  • Like 1

That’s right you gave them your years of hospitality insight on how to run a bar and within 3 pages on this forum your message was ripped to shreds and you did a massive flounce.  Hilarious. 
you full of shit Jack. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Hairy Poppins said:

Heard the Body Shop is closing down, then I realised the Strand Street one has already closed. 

It was mentioned on UK news this afternoon, 200 branches, administrators called in. Something about fashion trends and their product lines having been hit by customer choice changes arising from covid.

1 hour ago, Albert Tatlock said:

I dunno...Bushy's are now up to 70+ brews...unfortunately we only get to see 3 at any one time due to local beer economics.

There's a massive potential there to bottle and market and export all of that...if we could only find the right millionaire to give it a go. TV and advertising campaigns are essential.

Given the number of visitors to the island in the last 30 years...that's one helluva potential export market.

Hooded Ram as was, now Odin, has a similar potential with the right backing.

A full pint and a guaranteed water quality are good sellers.

...and, given the right govt support, there's a shit load of empty containers currently returning to the UK every day.

There is no money in exporting beers from here Okells tried it for years. Why would anybody support pouring money into something that was never going to make money. Raj takeover of Hooded Ram was the idea to brew beer here and can it then send it to Oddbins. That went well

10 hours ago, alpha-acid said:

There is no money in exporting beers from here Okells tried it for years. Why would anybody support pouring money into something that was never going to make money. Raj takeover of Hooded Ram was the idea to brew beer here and can it then send it to Oddbins. That went well

I'm pretty sure a majority of the UK population don't even know that Oddbins still exists.

15 hours ago, jackwhite said:

As I said, I rarely venture out here anymore due to that. 

Then why oh why do you come on here pontificating about other people's business ventures.

I think I know - its ego. Like Derek fucking Flint. He's not been in the titheads for 5 years but still comes on here like he runs the local force.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2