Firm closing

finlo

9 hours ago, CrazyDave said:

We tried to go into hops the other week.  There were people in there but the door was locked.

Went to Henderson and Glass instead .Then we went to Oscar’s, then the Front Porxh.

Also, if it doesn’t want to look like a normal pub, what is this all about in their Facebook advertising?

IMG_0366.jpeg

It didn't have cowboys in nor playing C&W last time I was in there. 

9 hours ago, CrazyDave said:

We tried to go into hops the other week.  There were people in there but the door was locked.

Went to Henderson and Glass instead .Then we went to Oscar’s, then the Front Porxh.

Also, if it doesn’t want to look like a normal pub, what is this all about in their Facebook advertising?

IMG_0366.jpeg

They clearly knew you were coming. 

13 minutes ago, jackwhite said:

They’re doing a country night (which they’ve sold out).

Some people are just looking for a reason to complain.

Oh, that makes a bit more sense.  I thought it was some AI picture fail.

I probably wouldn't complain if it was full of cowboys.  I'd be pretty confused though! 

59 minutes ago, jackwhite said:

3FM speculating Thai Thai is next as owners of building put planning in for office space on that floor.

Business could be moving too I guess. 

https://www.three.fm/news/isle-of-man-news/last-orders-for-thai-thai/

Interesting.  More likely to do with Capital expanding and needing more space in their own building.  Their banking side of things seems to have gone pretty well and they've got a load more staff and still recruiting. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jackwhite said:

They clearly knew you were coming. 

I was in a group of seven or eight.  We stayed for three rounds in Henderson and none us will bother trying Hops again.

All three establishments we visited after not being able to get in were glad of our business, and we have been back to all of them either on our own or as part of groups 

Ah well.  I guess that’s a good few hundred quids worth of business.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, jackwhite said:

3FM speculating Thai Thai is next as owners of building put planning in for office space on that floor.

Business could be moving too I guess. 

https://www.three.fm/news/isle-of-man-news/last-orders-for-thai-thai/

2 hours ago, The Phantom said:

Interesting.  More likely to do with Capital expanding and needing more space in their own building.  Their banking side of things seems to have gone pretty well and they've got a load more staff and still recruiting. 

Didn’t the owner of Thai Thai die about 18 months ago?

15 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Didn’t the owner of Thai Thai die about 18 months ago?

No idea. 

Already heard several reports that Thai Thai are just planning on re-locating. Capital just want their ground floor back due to expansion. 

2 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

No idea. 

Already heard several reports that Thai Thai are just planning on re-locating. Capital just want their ground floor back due to expansion. 

and no doubt thai thai want out due to rent hikes.  where will they go ?  

45 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

I was in a group of seven or eight.  We stayed for three rounds in Henderson and none us will bother trying Hops again.

All three establishments we visited after not being able to get in were glad of our business, and we have been back to all of them either on our own or as part of groups 

Ah well.  I guess that’s a good few hundred quids worth of business.

Are you this guy? 

image.jpeg.d7dda8b7f42096aaf2bfeca575047a2d.jpeg

Did you bother asking them why the door was shut? It wasn’t locked and I know exactly what you are referring to. I won’t go into it, like I said I wouldn’t yesterday. 

The fact you give it that you won’t go back tells me more about you. 

The amount of flak that business gets on here from faceless no ones is quite ridiculous. I don’t see any other business that gets as much criticism. 

I wonder why that could be. 

Edited by jackwhite

27 minutes ago, jackwhite said:

I wonder why that could be

No idea what you are on about?

Your Harry Enfield reference is just pathetic. I was just stating facts.

I checked social media before we went to give the place a try.  It should have been open.

There was no sign on the door to say it wasn’t open or that there was a private event on.

You mentioned sport on Saturdays at 3?  Is that the football?  I would be tempted if it was?

PS.  Is the door that was locked a fire escape?

• Confused 1

32 minutes ago, jackwhite said:

The amount of flak that business gets on here from faceless no ones is quite ridiculous. I don’t see any other business that gets as much criticism. 

I need to pop in sometime soon actually to get some more silly stouts. 

3 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

You mentioned sport on Saturdays at 3?  Is that the football?  I would be tempted if it was?

Guessing probably the 6 Nations if it's over the next few weeks.