Firm closing

finlo

3 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

No idea what you are on about?

Your Harry Enfield reference is just pathetic. I was just stating facts.

I checked social media before we went to give the place a try.  It should have been open.

There was no sign on the door to say it wasn’t open or that there was a private event on.

You mentioned sport on Saturdays at 3?  Is that the football?  I would be tempted if it was?

PS.  Is the door that was locked a fire escape?

It’s a joke Dave but you do sometimes come across that way. 

There was a reason it would have been shut. Ask the business if you want the answer. 

Regarding sports, if you ask they’ll likely show it for you. I’ve made use of it myself. 

1 minute ago, jackwhite said:

It’s a joke Dave but you do sometimes come across that way. 

There was a reason it would have been shut. Ask the business if you want the answer. 

Regarding sports, if you ask they’ll likely show it for you. I’ve made use of it myself. 

I shouldn’t have to ask why somewhere is closed when there are people in there drinking.  Put a sign up.

I am surprised they can justify the license for any live sport to be honest.  They were thousands last time I looked, and the football on a Saturday is illegal to show in public (assuming it’s PL)

• Confused 1

Just now, CrazyDave said:

I shouldn’t have to ask why somewhere is closed when there are people in there drinking.  Put a sign up.

I am surprised they can justify the license for any live sport to be honest.  They were thousands last time I looked, and the football on a Saturday is illegal to show in public (assuming it’s PL)

I can name at least 3 bars here who show PL games at 3 on a Saturday. 

They’re some of the most well known. 

47 minutes ago, jackwhite said:

The amount of flak that business gets on here from faceless no ones is quite ridiculous. I don’t see any other business that gets as much criticism. 

I wonder why that could be. 

Just a stab in the dark but it might have something to do with your annoying self constantly defending them.

• Like 1

Just now, VikingRaider said:

Just a stab in the dark but it might have something to do with your annoying self constantly defending them.

That’s my point exactly. People are giving them flak because they are getting annoyed by an anonymous stranger online. 

Anyone who gets annoyed with anyone on a forum like this really needs to get a life in the first place. 

2 minutes ago, jackwhite said:

That’s my point exactly. People are giving them flak because they are getting annoyed by an anonymous stranger online. 

Anyone who gets annoyed with anyone on a forum like this really needs to get a life in the first place. 

But you're getting annoyed at people getting annoyed with anonymous people on a forum... 

Spider_Man_meme.jpg

Edited by Hairy Poppins
  • Haha 5

I see Onchan Post Office has closed, I'm a regular there and had no warning that this was happening from Hassan, the owner. It's an independant PO and I noticed that the shelves were looking a tad empty recently. 

I have heard that Phil Braidwood is closing his Windsor Road Post Office soon also?

• Sad 1

49 minutes ago, Kopek said:

Hops is quite small, there could be a limit on numbers? 50 maybe?

Wasn't that but it's fine. 

From something else entirely I suspect the person the intentions of some people is far from pure. 

It's quite sad on a small island like this that a business gets hassle from people. Some of the weird things they've had to put up with so far are way beyond my patience. 

24 minutes ago, jackwhite said:

It's quite sad on a small island like this that a business gets hassle from people. Some of the weird things they've had to put up with so far are way beyond my patience.

How ironic. 

yet there you are immediately disparaging any other hospitality business which doesn’t come up to your supposedly high standards. 

so anyway, having had a very interesting conversation with a colleague of mine in the beer trade, low and behold guess who the owner of Hops is?

Yes that’s right it’s YOU Jack White. 
 Now we know the real reason why you are on here and making out Hops is some sort of beer Mecca. Obviously the insurance game not for you then?

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Thanks Jack but the Fire Reg numbers must be quite low, even if generous and anyway, who checks???

It may suit their MO to limit their capacity, it's a nice feeling to have a regular crowd ?

I would apply the meaning of 'Crazy' before taking a serious debate!!!

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Gizo said:

Some of the weird things they've had to put up with so far are way beyond my patience.

Sorry Gizo copied  a previous posting and it attributes it to you rather than to Jackwhite 

This is for Jack

Sorry matron  didn't mean to upset you please don't have another flounce.

You came on here as a self  proclaimed expert in the hospitality industry.insulted just about everybody.decided everyone's motives for whatever they said. Exlpained that everyone was in a lower demographic than you .Are happy to explain why businesses fail,tell everyone the shortcomings of other people's businesses and expect businesses that you support to be proclaimed wonderful because you say so. You bandy professional words around as if you even had any WSET awards which I doubt having myself been on many courses and have a lecturing qualification within that organisation you sir are the problem not everyone else.

Edited by emesde
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2