Firm closing

finlo

4 hours ago, CrazyDave said:

I shouldn’t have to ask why somewhere is closed when there are people in there drinking.  Put a sign up.

I am surprised they can justify the license for any live sport to be honest.  They were thousands last time I looked, and the football on a Saturday is illegal to show in public (assuming it’s PL)

Where did you glean this nugget from?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gizo said:

Because that is the truth. A pl blackout on all 3pm fixtures. 

Yet Jaks and several other pubs are rammed on match days. if it were illegal then surely our local underworked plod would love to add this to their current list of things to arrest people for

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Passing Time said:

Yet Jaks and several other pubs are rammed on match days. if it were illegal then surely our local underworked plod would love to add this to their current list of things to arrest people for

Ask Thommo according to him he’s in there watching it. 

Sky had a big purge on pubs a while back and illegal streamers. 
Google will tell you why

• Like 1

I don't think Sky broadcast them on Saturday in UK but the PL do sell the rights to other concerns who may broadcast them elsewhere. That's where Keys and Gray went, Sky's not-for-UK-consumption coverage, I've watched it overseas. Presumably pubs in the know could tap into that coverage?

1 minute ago, Gizo said:

Ask Thommo according to him he’s in there watching it. 

Sky had a big purge on pubs a while back and illegal streamers. 
Google will tell you why

Pubs, clubs and other commercial premises in the UK can only legally broadcast Premier League matches through a commercial subscription to one or both of the Premier League's current authorised UK broadcasters, Sky and BT

• Haha 2

Just now, Non-Believer said:

I don't think Sky broadcast them on Saturday in UK but the PL do sell the rights to other concerns who may broadcast them elsewhere. That's where Keys and Gray went, Sky's not-for-UK-consumption coverage, I've watched it overseas. Presumably pubs in the know could tap into that coverage?

Not legally over here they can’t

• Confused 1

Just now, Passing Time said:

Pubs, clubs and other commercial premises in the UK can only legally broadcast Premier League matches through a commercial subscription to one or both of the Premier League's current authorised UK broadcasters, Sky and BT

Who don’t show 3pm Saturday kick offs ffs

• Confused 1