Firm closing

finlo

11 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

Is that busy as a pub or busy as the local corner shop?

Who doesn't want to sneak in a cheeky pint whilst you nip to the shop to get some eggs and sugar?

It's a genius marketing move.  The wives in Sulby will surely be amazed by how keen their husbands are now to do the shopping. 

• Haha 4

Just now, The Phantom said:

Who doesn't want to sneak in a cheeky pint whilst you nip to the shop to get some eggs and sugar?

It's a genius marketing move.  The wives in Sulby will surely be amazed by how keen their husbands are now to do the shopping. 

Hopefully Tesco will put a bar in all of their stores...

5 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

It seems pretty common in some of the villages I've been to in Portugal actually.  Their version of a Spar with a bar. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

I visited a very large Tesco in Krakow and it was marvellous, I sat in one of the 4 bars and had a few pints while the wife had a haircut at the hair boutique before we had lunch at one of the eateries within the complex before doing our grocery shop. I was a very happy shopper.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Passing Time said:

Is that busy as a pub or busy as the local corner shop?

It’s busy because Rosie runs a good hotel, restaurant, event venue, bar, pub and the shop. She’s adapted and changed her business model as times and tastes have changed, ever since she bought it, very run down, from the brewery.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/28/2024 at 4:31 PM, Barlow said:

Local accountant Will Tickle (who died 2019) was brought up in Liverpool and as a young child his mother carried him into a local hall where a young Ken Dodd was in the middle of his act. He asked for the lads name and then made up a bit of a joke routine "how tickled I am to meet Will Tickle" etc. It got a laugh and it forever became part of his routine.

Will rang me Dad when I was about eight, and a big Mister Men fan. I answered the phone "Mum Mr Tickle's on the phone!". She replied "ahh yes Will Tickle" and that was the funniest thing I had ever heard. 

Edited by Declan
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Passing Time said:

Not a new idea..... in the 1970s/80

Carrefour operated in England and certainly they had licenced areas for food and drinking in their Eastleigh and Cribbs Causeway stores. Very good they were too.🍷🥘

2 hours ago, Albert Tatlock said:

It's a fairly busy and popular place (every time I've been there). I'd guess some TT/MGP mad rich comeover might well go for it.

Have you ever been on a Tuesday evening in February?  Or a Monday afternoon?

Its very quiet much more than its busy.  The hotel rooms are freezing cold in winter, and the food and service were both pretty rubbish last time o was in there.

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

Its very quiet much more than its busy.  The hotel rooms are freezing cold in winter, and the food and service were both pretty rubbish last time o was in there.

I bet the music stopped too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

30 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

Have you? ive been for lunch in winter months and the food and service were very good.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, John Wright said:

It’s busy because Rosie runs a good hotel, restaurant, event venue, bar, pub and the shop. She’s adapted and changed her business model as times and tastes have changed, ever since she bought it, very run down, from the brewery.

I wasn't criticing, just wondered what part of the business was the busiest