Firm closing

finlo

7 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

I wasn't criticing, just wondered what part of the business was the busiest

Bollocks.  There are hundreds of places you could say were good and I would agree.

When my own recent experience, and that of a business visitor who booked herself in there at the back end of last year are different, then I am going to quote my actual lived experiences.

Let’s be honest.  There was a video circulating a couple of years ago and a resulting court case that didn’t exactly do the place any favours.

Edited by CrazyDave
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, John Wright said:

It’s busy because Rosie runs a good hotel, restaurant, event venue, bar, pub and the shop. She’s adapted and changed her business model as times and tastes have changed, ever since she bought it, very run down, from the brewery.

1 hour ago, Derek Flint said:

Rosie has been looking to sell for some years now, especially after Eddie passed. It was up for a million a while back.

She's worked bloody hard. Hope someone goes for it.

I feel really mean saying this. Yes she worked hard and yes it was often busy. Its very hard to invest/raise capital to do places up. That was the issue to me. It was decades out of date as were the menus. Beers good though. I hope she gets a good price and someone comes along to give it the investment it needs. My advice -

1. Start with the toilets

2. Bring the menu into the 21st

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

I feel really mean saying this. Yes she worked hard and yes it was often busy. Its very hard to invest/raise capital to do places up. That was the issue to me. It was decades out of date as were the menus. Beers good though. I hope she gets a good price and someone comes along to give it the investment it needs. My advice -

1. Start with the toilets

2. Bring the menu into the 21st

The toilets made me chuckle. We used to refresh there at TT as the "half-way" point before moving up to the alert five position at the Hairpin. 

There was a cubicle on the first floor which I really couldn't work our whether the pan or the door had gone on first. A triumph in compact design. Almost impossible to navigate with ones utility belt and effects attached. 

Many happy times there when it was on full song. And a memorable place to watch the bikes!

We 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

The toilets made me chuckle. We used to refresh there at TT as the "half-way" point before moving up to the alert five position at the Hairpin. 

Hanging out around toilets was always a favourite police pastime here till the mid'90s.

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, CrazyDave said:

Have you ever been on a Tuesday evening in February?  Or a Monday afternoon?

Its very quiet much more than its busy.  The hotel rooms are freezing cold in winter, and the food and service were both pretty rubbish last time o was in there.

Oh here we go, he's an expert in the hospitality industry as well as all the others.

Rosie has done well at the Sulby, you only need to look at how many landlords the Ginger has had in the time she's been there to see that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

Oh here we go, he's an expert in the hospitality industry as well as all the others.

Rosie has done well at the Sulby, you only need to look at how many landlords the Ginger has had in the time she's been there to see that.

Not claiming to be an expert, just posting my experiences .

It seems I am not the only one.

IMG_0603.png

IMG_0602.jpeg

Edited by CrazyDave
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, A fool and his money..... said:

That's three anonymous critics then, actually with your track record of reinventing yourself it may well only be one.

It’s enough for an intelligent person to figure out that my observation that the food can be poor, as can the service and that the rooms can be cold (no hot water, would suggest no heating, and the windows have wind blowing through them). Might actually be proper observations.

Anyway.  Enjoy your evening believing it’s a lovely place to stay and eat.  I am sure people will look at the accounts and the state of the place and be fighting each other to buy it 😂

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

It’s enough for an intelligent person to figure out that my observation that the food can be poor, as can the service and that the rooms can be cold (no hot water, would suggest no heating, and the windows have wind blowing through them). Might actually be proper observations.

Anyway.  Enjoy your evening believing it’s a lovely place to stay and eat.  I am sure people will look at the accounts and the state of the place and be fighting each other to buy it 😂

Perhaps you should take it on. With your international experience across multiple industries it couldn't fail to be a success!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, A fool and his money..... said:

Perhaps you should take it on. With your international experience across multiple industries it couldn't fail to be a success!

You are most odd.

Anyway.  I can’t ever see it being a success unless someone invested hundreds of thousands on a refit on top of the purchase price, and somehow managed to magic a team of exceptional staff up from somewhere.

It would need to be closed for a year and then run by a really passionate family who were all prepared to work all the hours god sends and have a huge amount of restaurant, pub, hotel and customer service experience between them.

They would have to completely reinvent the place and drag it into the 21st century, then get over the fact that the location is pants for 48 weeks of the year.

I can’t see anyone making a return on the place at all.  Even if they were as bright and gifted as me😂

1 minute ago, A fool and his money..... said:

To be fair I can't see anyone being able to dress themselves if they were only as bright and gifted as you.

Like I said.  Most odd, and a bit pathetic.

I can come back at that very easily and point out I would have been arrested long ago if I couldn’t get dressed.

You however don’t seem capable of actually responding to what is said, only making stupid and meaningless comments about people ability to dress themselves.