Firm closing

finlo

2 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Back on the subject.

Well it's a been a week or two since Ramsey bakery shutdown I believe.

Am I still sad about it? Yes a bit.

Am I missing it? Sadly not. The mother's pride/ Sainsbury's bread seems ok. 

Do they have a Sainsbury yard of pasty?

• Like 1

Just been in Tesco for my big shop. Bread aisle (by 6.30pm) was pretty bare but still managed to find a sliced loaf and there were plenty of muffins and rolls etc. Also bought a bread tin to bake my own if necessary (last resort as I love fresh bread).

27 minutes ago, Stu Peters said:

Just been in Tesco for my big shop. Bread aisle (by 6.30pm) was pretty bare but still managed to find a sliced loaf and there were plenty of muffins and rolls etc. Also bought a bread tin to bake my own if necessary (last resort as I love fresh bread).

You really should take up blogging, could give Rob Callister a run for his money.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

brought it up. 

I,ve told you, I can't do Molluscs, don't mention them!!!

Molenyeux !!!  That was a really good attempt at an 'A La Carte' restaurant, didn't last too long but in those days of olde there were still restaurants, I think Steve??? tried somewhere else but then dropped out of catering. Now it's Cafe/Restaurants, any thing from a Hamburger to a Fillet? ( but a lot more customers?) There are a few fine dinings around but very much a special occasion? Shame!

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

Haven't found a good replacement for their Molenburg white loaf.  That was the sliced bread of choice and their Harvester unsliced was great for soup. 

Try Tescos harvester or batch or whatever they call it, own brand, sunflower seed, best I could find when Jack Frost packed in their batch Roberts, not the soft Roberts now coming from Spar!!!

That's the problem isn't it, if you want soft squidgy loaves, there would appear to be many alternatives to RB, it's just a case of finding the one you like best???

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Kopek said:

Try Tescos harvester or batch or whatever they call it, own brand, sunflower seed, best I could find when Jack Frost packed in their batch Roberts, not the soft Roberts now coming from Spar!!!

That's the problem isn't it, if you want soft squidgy loaves, there would appear to be many alternatives to RB, it's just a case of finding the one you like best???

Thanks Kopek.  I have tried some of the Tesco loaves, but they didn't hit the spot! Will try the sunflower seed type.😊

3 hours ago, John Wright said:

Last really good seafood place here was Molyneux’s up near Collinsons ( corner of Traie Menagh ) in Port Erin. That closed 36 or more years ago.

Yes Moylyneuxs was good. 

Harbour view bistro in Ramsey, although not the exclusively seafood is very good. 
Had the turbot last time it was on the specials board. Haven’t tasted anything as good for a long time.

1 hour ago, HiVibes said:

You really should take up blogging, could give Rob Callister a run for his money.

You clearly don't understand the concept of an online discussion forum so should recuse yourself from posting ever again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

Haven't found a good replacement for their Molenburg white loaf.  That was the sliced bread of choice and their Harvester unsliced was great for soup. 

Yes. The mollenburg was a good sliced loaf. It's a shame. What I was saying though is that it doesn't seem to be the end of the world in the overall scheme of things. A shame yes but we'll all adjust and find other things. I thought there was a similar Tesco offering but they don't always have it on the shelves. 

3 hours ago, Gladys said:

Had Jackson’s super seeded loaf from shopshite, which was pretty good. About £1.90 which was a bit ouch. 

• Thanks 1