Firm closing

finlo

14 hours ago, Gladys said:

Thanks Kopek.  I have tried some of the Tesco loaves, but they didn't hit the spot! Will try the sunflower seed type.😊

"Didn't hit the spot"?

Gladys - you are supposed to EAT the loaves!

• Haha 4

13 hours ago, Gizo said:

Had Jackson’s super seeded loaf from shopshite, which was pretty good. About £1.90 which was a bit ouch. 

Molenburg was £1.80,  so that's not too bad,  I'll give it a go. Thank you.  Don't eat a lot of bread, but when you want a sarnie, the bread is an important part.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SleepyJoe said:

Steve Dedman created great seafood dishes at a restaurant on Peel prom some years back, name of which escapes me

Never been there but he ran the kitchen at The Regency on Douglas Prom for a while which I visited a few times. Pretty pricey but you get what you pay for I suppose and the food in there was fantastic, absolutely top notch. I think he runs a hotel in Switzerland now. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VikingRaider said:

Well its not all doom and gloom in Ramsey ... we now have a new take-away (or eat outside) ... Bombay Street Food (where Magpie used to be next to Kerrmelly's) ... according to a few guys sat outside very tasty.

Ramsey is such a dump & with the commissioners & whining locals surprised any business operates there!

1 hour ago, Banker said:

Ramsey is such a dump & with the commissioners & whining locals surprised any business operates there!

Stop being a dick. I’m one of the first to call them out if I don’t think they are supporting business. They could do a lot better than they are currently doing. They need to start thinking outside of the box. I have skin in the game and I suspect you don’t. I have suggested somethings they could maybe do better. Let’s see if they listen

• Like 4

22 hours ago, KERED said:

"Didn't hit the spot"?

Gladys - you are supposed to EAT the loaves!

Well, as Carol Bayer Sager said, "your nasty habits ain't confined to bed, the grocer told me what you do with bread"

Edited by AOR
Aberrant apostrophe's
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Roxanne said:

Do you think? I’m starting a venture in Ramsey and have found the commissioners to be nothing but supportive and helpful. I couldn’t have got it off the ground without them.

Whining locals? Are you sure? I think maybe you’re just hanging around with the wrong people tbh. 

Well I was listening to Paul Kerruish on the radio the other day and he clearly thinks otherwise in relation to his dealings with the Commissioners. There is hardly anything in Ramsey and little willingness seems to exist to do anything different especially hospitality wise. When it comes to entertainment all Ramsey seems to want is pubs where the regulars kick the shit out of each other. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bandits said:

Well I was listening to Paul Kerruish on the radio the other day and he clearly thinks otherwise in relation to his dealings with the Commissioners. There is hardly anything in Ramsey and little willingness seems to exist to do anything different especially hospitality wise. When it comes to entertainment all Ramsey seems to want is pubs where the regulars kick the shit out of each other. 

Ramsey is too quiet these days, but an upside of that is that I can't remember when I last saw someone kick the shit out of anyone. One of my boys has done occassional bar work over the last few years, very little trouble.

12 hours ago, VikingRaider said:

Well its not all doom and gloom in Ramsey ... we now have a new take-away (or eat outside) ... Bombay Street Food (where Magpie used to be next to Kerrmelly's) ... according to a few guys sat outside very tasty.

Will give it a go! 

3 hours ago, Bandits said:

There's few pubs left in Ramsey for people to kick the shit out of each other in 😂

I was out on Saturday night, now a lot of clientele had voluntarily herded themselves into 1 or two venues for the football but given that it's the start of TT practice week, I'd never seen the Town so dead at this time of the year 😔