Firm closing

finlo

On 6/6/2024 at 9:05 PM, John Wright said:

Thinking on, was it Tony Spiers?

Might be his son.  I know a guy called Tony Spiers whose dad had a clothes shop in Douglas many moons ago. 

4 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

Might be his son.  I know a guy called Tony Spiers whose dad had a clothes shop in Douglas many moons ago. 

Yes, we’d worked out that it was Ron, aka Shady, Spiers

• Like 1

Bathurst chippy offered for let on Facebook. 

Whilst I know the opinions of some on the place, I think it’s a difficult location to make it work. Next ones will be tenant number 4 in not that long of a period, from memory anyway. 

29 minutes ago, jackwhite said:

Bathurst chippy offered for let on Facebook. 

Whilst I know the opinions of some on the place, I think it’s a difficult location to make it work. Next ones will be tenant number 4 in not that long of a period, from memory anyway. 

Very rarely seen it open in last few years, there’s very limited parking around the terrace in a similar residential area but always busy 

4 minutes ago, Banker said:

Very rarely seen it open in last few years, there’s very limited parking around the terrace in a similar residential area but always busy 

Fair comment. 

2 things I’d say:

1. Think they were trying to do something different from The Terrace (which I think is a fantastic business). 

2. Terrace for me are long established and in a more prominent and visible location. 

admittedly there are things that could be done to help with both, but just general observations. 

Just now, jackwhite said:

Fair comment. 

2 things I’d say:

1. Think they were trying to do something different from The Terrace (which I think is a fantastic business). 

2. Terrace for me are long established and in a more prominent and visible location. 

to add to this the terrace has a robinsons, coop, chemist which are reasons to be up there and pass the chippy door, they are also on  a main route through town.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Banker said:

Me neither. Never seemed to be a proper commitment to make it work. Never even had opening times published anywhere or even on the door. Confuses me why people go into business, then make such fundamental mistakes then wonder why it didn't work out.

33 minutes ago, John Wright said:

I see that Time Out, the noodle bar/Chinese, which started in Castletown, then expanded into Castle Street Douglas, is opening a new branch on North Quay..

The Grand House is them isn’t it ? 

44 minutes ago, John Wright said:

I see that Time Out, the noodle bar/Chinese, which started in Castletown, then expanded into Castle Street Douglas, is opening a new branch on North Quay..

Good

They are superb and deserve to be doing well.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, John Wright said:

In addition to The Grand House? That’s been open for a wee bit now.