Firm closing

finlo

1 hour ago, jackwhite said:

In addition to The Grand House? That’s been open for a wee bit now. 

1 hour ago, Kopek said:

Could be the asian/sushi place  that's  closing???

1 hour ago, The Phantom said:

Asia Fresh is.

Not Asía Fresh - which is Quines Corner.

Grand House is 35 North Quay.

The new Timeout opened today at 5pm.

Definitely different shop front to Grand House. Think it’s 17.

IMG_5303.png

IMG_5304.jpeg

Just now, Happier diner said:

Hope not. Sick of their one trick pony teriyaki based sweet and salty fayre. Longing for some genuine simple stir fried Chinese food.

Tried the new one on Broadway yet?

9 minutes ago, Gladys said:

That's a shame. I was going to try the buffet. 

It’s not totally clear.

Think they may have had some difficult customers over TT

Owner’s husband says

Let me say something about this restaurant ,it is owned by my wife ,she is a lovely kind lady ,it is new opened from first day of this TT ,aims on original Chinese food not English Chinese food. Also if you don’t like it is normal ,but don’t criticise too much ,if you feel dishes getting cold you can tell the staff ,they will help you heating it,and you also can wait new dishes coming out.  Cos new open ,she will keep improving as well,after TT there will not be Buffet everyday,you can order or book ,but it will be not 15/person. I have met several people who is travelling around the world,especially the people who has been to China said to us,the food is the same as when they were in China,the food is good. So that is what we want,but not English Chinese food.

Another thing,the restaurant closes at 9:00PM,after 8:00PM,the manager will tell people who step in we nearly close,left not too much food and they are getting cold. But several people maybe around 9:00PM came and said they don’t care just want to eat also they have drunk too much (they even touched the female stuff’s shoulders,we know they were drunk almost) ,under the situation we let them in ,served them and all delayed closing for them. What if you will do? 

And another story ,two guys ,they stepped in and ate more than two dishes food and go to check the bill said: I am local people and I don’t like it and I will not pay otherwise I will stand by front of your restaurant and tell everybody don’t come in. We should call police but my wife Su don’t charge them just two coke . I want ask if you don’t like why you ate two more dishes …🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

So if we want make shit for people why we open a restaurant? We can cook shit and bring it to people for free🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, John Wright said:

It’s not totally clear.

Think they may have had some difficult customers over TT

Owner’s husband says

Let me say something about this restaurant ,it is owned by my wife ,she is a lovely kind lady ,it is new opened from first day of this TT ,aims on original Chinese food not English Chinese food. Also if you don’t like it is normal ,but don’t criticise too much ,if you feel dishes getting cold you can tell the staff ,they will help you heating it,and you also can wait new dishes coming out.  Cos new open ,she will keep improving as well,after TT there will not be Buffet everyday,you can order or book ,but it will be not 15/person. I have met several people who is travelling around the world,especially the people who has been to China said to us,the food is the same as when they were in China,the food is good. So that is what we want,but not English Chinese food.

Another thing,the restaurant closes at 9:00PM,after 8:00PM,the manager will tell people who step in we nearly close,left not too much food and they are getting cold. But several people maybe around 9:00PM came and said they don’t care just want to eat also they have drunk too much (they even touched the female stuff’s shoulders,we know they were drunk almost) ,under the situation we let them in ,served them and all delayed closing for them. What if you will do? 

And another story ,two guys ,they stepped in and ate more than two dishes food and go to check the bill said: I am local people and I don’t like it and I will not pay otherwise I will stand by front of your restaurant and tell everybody don’t come in. We should call police but my wife Su don’t charge them just two coke . I want ask if you don’t like why you ate two more dishes …🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

So if we want make shit for people why we open a restaurant? We can cook shit and bring it to people for free🤣🤣🤣

People can be twats, terrible way to treat anyone.

Will ask them direct when they do the buffet. 

11 minutes ago, Gladys said:

People can be twats, terrible way to treat anyone

When I came back from uni I used to go to the Chinese takeaway on Arbory Strret about once a week. The abuse that Danni took from drunks calling in for chips after closing at the Union or George or Vic or Gluepot was unpleasant.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, John Wright said:

When I came back from uni I used to go to the Chinese takeaway on Arbory Strret about once a week. The abuse that Danni took from drunks calling in for chips after closing at the Union or George or Vic or Gluepot was unpleasant.

I called in there one night in the 70s (after our training finished) asking for '14 fish and chips please'. He prepared 14 fish chips and peas and I only had the right money for the 14 fish and chips.

He obviously rarely got a 'please'...

• Haha 1

Please excuse the introspection.

I was in the kebab house end of Castle Mona Avenue about 2O years ago, it was MGP and a group of late middle aged bikers came in giving the staff severe racial abuse (btw whilst waiting for their food to be prepared, which shows how clued up they were, but anyway...)  with a few bravado drinks in me I explained in no uncertain terms to these Yorkshire lads that the kebab staff were now local and more welcome here than they were, despite them having come to TTs and Manx for last 20 years. Admittedly, It was a stupid thing to do but I took a chance, and stood my ground.....and they played it safe. They probably wondered could they be birched for fighting? Could they have their bikes confiscated? Why do the police wear white helmets? Is this a different country with different laws? Etc

TT folk are great of course but there is always some dickheads who need to wrap it in when they are here 

So anyway, against my protestations, they never allowed me to pay  for my late night kebab for a few months after that. 

Edited by Casta
  • Like 6

16 minutes ago, Casta said:

I was in the kebab house end of Castle Mona Avenue about 2O years ago, it was MGP and a group of late middle aged bikers came in giving the staff severe racial abuse (btw whilst waiting for their food to be prepared, which shows how clued up they were, but anyway...)  with a few bravado drinks in me I explained in no uncertain terms to these Yorkshire lads that the kebab staff were now local and more welcome here than they were, despite them having come to TTs and Manx for last 20 years. Admittedly, It was a stupid thing to do but I took a chance, and stood my ground.....and they played it safe. They probably wondered could they be birched for fighting? Could they have their bikes confiscated? Why do the police wear white helmets? Is this a different country with different laws? Etc

TT folk are great of course but there is always some dickheads who need to wrap it in when they are here 

So anyway, against my protestations, they never allowed me to pay  for my late night kebab for a few months after that. 

Good for you. 

These eejits target people who they think are inferior to them, for whatever reason, and think it is fair game. 

Of course, if the tables are turned, they are,  in fact, inferior themselves, other than having a generous dollop of aggression. 

Old saying, but bullies are cowards. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Casta said:

Too right.

Maybe a late developer but I didn’t go to my first Indian restaurant until my early 20’s ( say early 1980’s ) 

I was horrified to see the way the waiters were treated  by the “ clientele” (and maybe the way they put up with it). 
It made me feel quite ashamed.

However I’ve not seen that  behaviour for many a year and it strikes me it’s an example of how society has improved over the decades despite those who would tell you different.

• Like 1

We had a lovely family of 6 come in during TT, busy time of course, said only 5 will eat, because one is "strict" vegan. I asked what that was, because we cook food fresh to order, can be very vegan if you stick to tomato based sauces. No, apparently "strict" vegan is someone who carries their own food everywhere, because they don't trust how things get cooked (despite me assuring them we use olive oil). In other words, a proper PRICK.

• Haha 5