Firm closing

finlo

5 hours ago, John Wright said:

Not Asía Fresh - which is Quines Corner.

Grand House is 35 North Quay.

The new Timeout opened today at 5pm.

Definitely different shop front to Grand House. Think it’s 17.

IMG_5303.png

IMG_5304.jpeg

Is that not just refurbishment down in Castletown? 

Looked on the construction company's website and indeed is Castletown. 

We extend our gratitude to Time Out IOM, Castletown branch, for entrusting us with their shop renovations. At Universal Construction Limited, we are committed to delivering the highest quality service for all your property development needs, whether commercial or residential. For more details, visit our website thru www.universalconsltd.com
Your vision, our expertise!
Edited by jackwhite
Further explanation

5 hours ago, Gladys said:

That's a shame. I was going to try the buffet. 

The buffet is still running at lunchtimes. A la carte in the evening. 

It won't appeal to everyone that restaurant. It's traditional Chinese food, not 'English Chinese'. Loads on the thread going on about prawn toast and such like. They are going to be disappointed. 

It's also going to be slow. Someone said they didn't have any spare ribs last night. They offered to do it from scratch, but would have to do something with them. Anyway it was going to be an hour for the dish, they reckoned. It was late on to be fair and they wouldn't have had them prepared. Apparently the husband explained in China it's expected you'll order after 10 minutes and food will be half hour or so, which lets you chat. 

Some of the dishes on the menu are not available yet. Main courses are upwards of £16 up to £38 before rice and only boiled rice available. If you want fried it's a full menu job at circa £10. Boiled is only £2 to be fair. 

They don't speak very good English and the husband is there doing his best to get everything across. 

None of the above would be an issue for me. But I can just see those who think they know what Chinese food is being in uproar.

Food was reported as good from people I know. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gladys said:

That's a shame. I was going to try the buffet. 

I don't think the £15  buffet would have been sustainable long term  in the IOM. Probably they did it as an initial promotion .

In the UK they manage due to larger footfall..

Got a photo of the menu from Facebook.  Not easy to read the names ( maybe a facebook image upload issue ) but looks very interesting..  

FB_IMG_1718142106122.jpg

FB_IMG_1718142112438.jpg

Edited by mad_manx

3 hours ago, mad_manx said:

Got a photo of the menu from Facebook.  Not easy to read the names ( maybe a facebook image upload issue ) but looks very interesting..  

FB_IMG_1718142106122.jpg

FB_IMG_1718142112438.jpg

Thanks MM.  From the quote from the lady's husband posted by John,  they are aiming to provide  authentic Chinese cuisine, so will be worry a look. 

11 hours ago, jackwhite said:

Apparently the husband explained in China it's expected you'll order after 10 minutes and food will be half hour or so, which lets you chat. 

No good for me then. My stomach starts preparing for food about an hour before we get to a restaurant. Once there it starts to get agitated if nothing is forthcoming within the first 20mins of arrival. After this it starts to digest me from the inside out.

Chat? What's that anyway. If me and SWMBO go out we can only manage about 5 mins of chat before we run out of stuff to chat about. In fact we haven't had much to chat about since about 1992😁

51 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

No good for me then. My stomach starts preparing for food about an hour before we get to a restaurant. Once there it starts to get agitated if nothing is forthcoming within the first 20mins of arrival. After this it starts to digest me from the inside out.

Chat? What's that anyway. If me and SWMBO go out we can only manage about 5 mins of chat before we run out of stuff to chat about. In fact we haven't had much to chat about since about 1992😁

I suppose you can  order in advance..  They will then do the main prep before and you can get the food as soon as you get there ..

On 6/6/2024 at 5:53 PM, Roger Ram said:

It is not reopening at all.

This is misinformation and should really be removed before rumours start based on the inaccurate information.

Your shit should be removed you fucking mental case. It’s hard to see how a total shit for brains can keep themselves amused for so long just posting absolute shit to wind other posters up with. It’s a clear mental disorder.

On 6/12/2024 at 4:50 AM, Gladys said:

Thanks MM.  From the quote from the lady's husband posted by John,  they are aiming to provide  authentic Chinese cuisine, so will be worry a look. 

Don't worry Glad - I think we know what you mean.  🙂

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, WhopperShopper said:

Your shit should be removed you fucking mental case. It’s hard to see how a total shit for brains can keep themselves amused for so long just posting absolute shit to wind other posters up with. It’s a clear mental disorder.

That's a rather unpleasant post from someone who has only very recently (3 hours ago) joined our happy forum.

On 6/12/2024 at 1:44 AM, mad_manx said:

FB_IMG_1718142106122.jpg

FB_IMG_1718142112438.jpg

Have you got a face ache link? When I find it the page has nothing on it....or alternatively in Chicago.

12 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Have you got a face ache link? When I find it the page has nothing on it....or alternatively in Chicago.

I don't.   I messaged the chap who posted  on facebook about the people who refused to pay ( husband of the lady who runs the place )  asking for  the   menu and he sent it to me on Facebook messenger.  This is his Facebook contact   

https://www.facebook.com/share/JtS6YHXeZc42FRPq/

Edited by mad_manx
  • Thanks 1