Firm closing

finlo

The guy who sold us ours was upset when we didn't pay any of the invoices he sent us . But our defence in court will be the recording of him saying " our triple glazing is the best there is and it will pay for itself in 3 years"

• Haha 4

Terrible company with a history of over pricing and dodgy claims . Unbelievable that people couldn’t see that. Surely after getting a quote and rightly having a think about it etc and they come back hassling you and with a big reduction in the cost due to ‘ special one off offer etc’ and the cost had reduced considerably . Wouldn’t touch them with a barge pole. And what’s more getting them back after a year or more to fix issues with the items was virtually impossible. 

• Like 2

On 6/21/2024 at 11:16 AM, John Wright said:

Even after extortionate rental fees the Villa turns in a loss. Think of it as a saving.

Does the Bushy's TT Village make a profit? I am assuming it does. It was free entry for the first year or two, then £3 entry which is perfectly resonable.

Should the Food Show thing be run by the businesses themselves? If Martin Bushy could do it then surely they could get together and do the same. Or employ Bushy's expertise to run it.

(I am sure this has been considered)

20 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Does the Bushy's TT Village make a profit? I am assuming it does. It was free entry for the first year or two, then £3 entry which is perfectly resonable.

Should the Food Show thing be run by the businesses themselves? If Martin Bushy could do it then surely they could get together and do the same. Or employ Bushy's expertise to run it.

(I am sure this has been considered)

Martin though , after setup costs , wages ,insurances ,goods etc, didn’t make anything on it which was one of the reasons he looked for someone to take it over. Now I’d say they do okay but the door fee certainly helps the bottom line. Still don’t think it’s a given , with weather and the likes , that it’s a gold mine . Staffing costs with hire fees will be horrendous .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Numbnuts said:

Martin though , after setup costs , wages ,insurances ,goods etc, didn’t make anything on it which was one of the reasons he looked for someone to take it over. 

Not always...he had some good years out of it...but yeah lots of not as good years too.

It's a totally different venue and different management organisation these days...with minor consistencies...utilising a lot of Bushy's previously hard earned goodwill. 

57 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Not always...he had some good years out of it...but yeah lots of not as good years too.

It's a totally different venue and different management organisation these days...with minor consistencies...utilising a lot of Bushy's previously hard earned goodwill. 

Not disputing he had good years down at the bottleneck but am sure he didn’t when moved to Villa. And yes totally living on the name while most bikers won’t have a clue it’s nothing to do with Martin anymore. 

2 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

What I don't understand is that one of the reasons for the demise of the festival given by DEFA was hire fees. Surely the Villa gardens are owned by the government aren't they?

They are but have you ever seen how inflated the hire charges are?? . Not sure is it the Treasury or the Villa management or maybe both. Am sure they lose so much business on hire charges alone then add in bar prices , which are of the scale, then you can see why people stay clear. Getting served is a whole other issue !  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

They are but have you ever seen how inflated the hire charges are?? . Not sure is it the Treasury or the Villa management or maybe both. Am sure they lose so much business on hire charges alone then add in bar prices , which are of the scale, then you can see why people stay clear. Getting served is a whole other issue !  

What makes you think they are inflated?  Any examples?

10 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Probably more arms length bollocks. You'd think the government would want to encourage a local food and drink festival, instead of charging it out of existence.

I think you'll see the true colours of our politicos as things become tight.

• Like 1