Firm closing

finlo

25 minutes ago, piebaps said:

You thought wrong. It is the same folk and its not thai.

It seems to be world kitchen with English/Manx fry ups, roast, burritos and tacos and south Asian.

Whats happened to Chingan, on Post Office Row? Vellikas ran that as well.

7 hours ago, John Wright said:

It seems to be world kitchen with English/Manx fry ups, roast, burritos and tacos and south Asian.

Whats happened to Chingan, on Post Office Row? Vellikas ran that as well.

That's long closed.

A while back,I asked a member of staff if Vellikas ran White Tiger, she said yes but then a senior member of staff came over and said no.

I hope that clears things up 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, hoopsaa said:

That's long closed

Yes. It closed, allegedly temporarily,  in February, about a month before Vellika’s Kitchen in Douglas had its soft opening on 11 March

2 hours ago, John Wright said:

Yes. It closed, allegedly temporarily,  in February, about a month before Vellika’s Kitchen in Douglas had its soft opening on 11 March

Like the Street Kitchen in  Prospect Hill in Douglas I suppose. Haven't seen it open for some time.

9 hours ago, John Wright said:

Interesting menu, but never matched Vellikas in my experience. 

We also have Studio Umami, who I've found a bit hit and miss, but bring colour to that end of town and are well worth supporting.

Which is the crux of stopping shops closing, isn't it? If I want a book or cd, I always try Bridge bookshop first, and they can generally oblige. I loathe amazon, and what they and their familiars have done to the high Street, plural.

9 hours ago, mad_manx said:

Like the Street Kitchen in  Prospect Hill in Douglas I suppose. Haven't seen it open for some time.

Yes shame that.  I liked it in there. 

Sri basically has too much other stuff going on at the moment.  He's running a bunch of other restaurants.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

Yes shame that.  I liked it in there. 

Sri basically has too much other stuff going on at the moment.  He's running a bunch of other restaurants.

I don't know any other  curry houses that are open for lunch . Do you know any? 

I think Nahdoo used to do it in the beginning  but someone told me that they stopped .

37 minutes ago, mad_manx said:

I don't know any other  curry houses that are open for lunch . Do you know any? 

I think Nahdoo used to do it in the beginning  but someone told me that they stopped .

sri has the colby glen and they are open at lunch time and have quite a lot of the indian stuff on the lunch time menu

• Like 2

On 8/19/2024 at 1:27 PM, Hairy Poppins said:

Knitwear company to relocate to the Isle of Man

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/albion-knitting-company-to-move-operations-from-london-to-the-isle-of-man-714167

This could be genuinely great news, but I have a suspicion that we could be fleeced and they're pulling the wool over our eyes.

Good news though. Every little helps.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Lxxx said:

Good news though. Every little helps.

Yes agree, it's great that all 50 staff are able to leave the Uk at short notice and come over with their families to start a new life.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3