Firm closing

finlo

4 hours ago, Twitch said:

Yes agree, it's great that all 50 staff are able to leave the Uk at short notice and come over with their families to start a new life.

They all going in a big tent?  . Not sure where accommodation is coming from to house the families . 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

They all going in a big tent?  . Not sure where accommodation is coming from to house the families . 

They'll probably jump the housing queues and be placed in houses that some families have waited years for...

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

They'll probably jump the housing queues and be placed in houses that some families have waited years for...

By who?

If you’re talking about social housing I don’t think it quite works like that.

Acceptance criteria - public housing

From 1 June 2019 the criteria for general needs housing will change for all housing authorities on the Island. The new criteria is available to read in the downloadable document on the right hand side.

All housing authorities on the Island apply a common approach for acceptance on to housing waiting lists. A leaflet explaining the common criteria is available (see downloadable documents). You should note, in particular, that applicants must be aged 18 or over and have been a resident on the Island for a total of at least 10 years, 3 of which must have been spent in the area they are 

Edited by The Voice of Reason
  • Like 1

If, if if, it were an immigration scam, then I'm sure accommodation could be found and deducted from their megre wages?

Still I could do with some new 'Woolies', winter's coming!!!

2 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

By who?

If you’re talking about social housing I don’t think it quite works like that.

Acceptance criteria - public housing

From 1 June 2019 the criteria for general needs housing will change for all housing authorities on the Island. The new criteria is available to read in the downloadable document on the right hand side.

All housing authorities on the Island apply a common approach for acceptance on to housing waiting lists. A leaflet explaining the common criteria is available (see downloadable documents). You should note, in particular, that applicants must be aged 18 or over and have been a resident on the Island for a total of at least 10 years, 3 of which must have been spent in the area they are 

You don't need social housing when the government are paying your housing costs anyway.

• Like 1

I noticed that Bordello is now an Irish Bar but it was closed. That's a new one on me and looking through the windows I couldn't tell if it was in the process of being opened or if it had opened and there was a helluva opening night and everyone has still got a severe hangover. Can anyone enlighten?

4 hours ago, Casta said:

I noticed that Bordello is now an Irish Bar but it was closed. That's a new one on me and looking through the windows I couldn't tell if it was in the process of being opened or if it had opened and there was a helluva opening night and everyone has still got a severe hangover. Can anyone enlighten?

Don't get into Douglas much then...

34 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

Don't get into Douglas much then...

I don't, I have been off the Island working. Could you let me know what has happened here. PM if you want, I'd appreciate it.

On 8/19/2024 at 1:29 PM, John Wright said:

It seems to be world kitchen with English/Manx fry ups, roast, burritos and tacos and south Asian.

Whats happened to Chingan, on Post Office Row? Vellikas ran that as well.

They did indeed John, a company called V&V Catering Limited operated both. The boss tells me that Chingans wasn't generating enough business to be viable and they pulled the plug.

Imogen (the blond lady @ front of house) had started up her own daytime business White Tiger and that was proving to be a better bet. Her husband was the chef at Chingans and he's in the White Tiger kitchen which why the fusion style menu is in a lot of ways not dissimilar to Chingans.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, piebaps said:

They did indeed John, a company called V&V Catering Limited operated both. The boss tells me that Chingans wasn't generating enough business to be viable and they pulled the plug.

Imogen (the blond lady @ front of house) had started up her own daytime business White Tiger and that was proving to be a better bet. Her husband was the chef at Chingans and he's in the White Tiger kitchen which why the fusion style menu is in a lot of ways not dissimilar to Chingans.

That's a very interesting bit of skeet that, thanks. 

On 8/23/2024 at 11:12 PM, A fool and his money..... said:

Along with their rent paid for two years as part of their movie star relocation package.

Can you advise which jobs are being paid that as I’m unaware of any ? There are relocation packages for essential workers eg healthcare, police.