Firm closing

finlo

18 minutes ago, Tinpot said:

After an expensive refurb 18 months ago?

Well we’ll see won’t we. It’s either a true rumour or a false rumour but I’ve heard it from about three sources this weekend that it’s closing end of September.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Luker said:

Well we’ll see won’t we. It’s either a true rumour or a false rumour but I’ve heard it from about three sources this weekend that it’s closing end of September.

If that was the case im sure the staff would know by now and it would be leaked. 

20 minutes ago, Maugholdmafia said:

If that was the case im sure the staff would know by now and it would be leaked. 

Sorry i seem to be confused as to the purpose of this forum. I’ve heard this rumour from at least three people this weekend. It’s either right or wrong. But like anyone else on this forum I’m simply relaying what i have heard so that others might be aware that such rumours are circulating. Let’s see if they are true. But unlike e-gaming bigwigs I’m happy to share what hear just in case it adds to information in the possession of other people. 

Edited by Luker
Typo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tinpot said:

No way would they have undertaken that work without a decent term left on the lease at a reasonable rent.

It’s leased from H&B and they have just taken on two more from them.  No way that would be the reason and H&B would do anything to lead to that building being empty again.

H&b would shaft anyone, remember them refusing to pay rent to landlords at their spar shops during lockdown, when the shops were busier than ever..

time wise that’s ten years since Barbary opened so could be a ten year break clause in the lease 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

Is the landlord the brewery? 

They owned the clarry didn't they?

Yes.  The same landlord as their new ones in Peel and Ramsey.  No chance have the brewery done anything to push them out and leave that building empty.

3 hours ago, Luker said:

AG has been saying for a while now that business is not what it should be 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

AG has been saying for a while now that business is not what it should be 

Last couple of times I’ve been Jaks or Barbary it’s all been a bit meh ……wasn’t impressed tbh .  . That might be why it’s quieter . 

Edited by Numbnuts

10 hours ago, Tinpot said:

No way would they have undertaken that work without a decent term left on the lease at a reasonable rent.

It’s leased from H&B and they have just taken on two more from them.  No way that would be the reason and H&B would do anything to lead to that building being empty again.

Manx Whispers. I heard this weekend that they won't be opening the Ramsey branch that they had planned. 

Not sure I believe either version tbh.

34 minutes ago, Hairy Poppins said:

Manx Whispers. I heard this weekend that they won't be opening the Ramsey branch that they had planned. 

Not sure I believe either version tbh.

Quite a bit of work has been going on there the past month (Ramsey branch) including painting the outside this past week so looks like it’s still going ahead 🤞🏻

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 2112 said:

According to the landlord of the Raven pub, trade over MGP period has been down. Can we expect others to say the same? 

Maybe he should run his pub better, because other places were busy.

• Like 1