Firm closing

finlo

17 hours ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Interesting or blatant begging to prop up something not viable and bury your head in the sand hoping someone bails you out / covers for your mistakes and lack of foresight.

Just had a chat in office with business partner- consensus was if we have to ask for funding like this we fucked up a long time ago and committed to things we couldn’t honour.

Not really how a viable business should operate.

You never want to see anyone suffer loss of livelihood but sometimes it’s inevitable and trying to save it by taking cash from people with little chance of return speaks volumes of the proprietor.

The business is doing well but here you are just throwing wild opinions about again. 

Not to the extent they can just buy the property, but I'm sure that's no different to a lot of businesses that are turning some form of profit. 

44 minutes ago, Katman said:

I thought there was in a clue in the name of the day off, 'Bank Holiday'.

I have no issue with that. But it was open it seems.

It's not a bank.

Bank holidays are normally seen as opportunities by hospitality. Yes that's harsh on the workers but I expect they get time off in lieu.

Genuine question, in your view. Should we go back to the days when everything is shut on public holidays and Sundays? 

4 hours ago, jackwhite said:

The business is doing well but here you are just throwing wild opinions about again. 

Not to the extent they can just buy the property, but I'm sure that's no different to a lot of businesses that are turning some form of profit. 

Go to the bank with a business plan and ask for a loan then.

Edited by Tinpot

5 hours ago, jackwhite said:

It might be doing well- but a holiday let property business without a holiday property to let isn’t a business - so my wild opinion thrown might not be so wild.

The Living Hope Cult connection / angle is interesting though- many possibilities there - Elder Nelson Corporate Director of Big Blue Bank who was involved with Louis Group collapse might grant them a mortgage - repaid by tithes.

At least they might have matching chairs.

Certainly there will be a cost to business but the 188mil quoted seems a little far fetched???

The min quoted in the article 2023, £10.75 is now £11.45, much closed to the living  wage proposed of £13.75 and doesn't take into account that there will be an increase in the  min wage next year anyway.

Edited by Kopek

On 9/6/2024 at 3:36 PM, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

It might be doing well- but a holiday let property business without a holiday property to let isn’t a business - so my wild opinion thrown might not be so wild.

The Living Hope Cult connection / angle is interesting though- many possibilities there - Elder Nelson Corporate Director of Big Blue Bank who was involved with Louis Group collapse might grant them a mortgage - repaid by tithes.

At least they might have matching chairs.

Following on from some comments in another thread about the Pt Erin trailer park, I had a look at their website.   Seems that you can invest yourself by buying a pod.  Pretty much like renting a timeshare out.  Oddly it seems their website is more targeted at this than actually people staying there. 

1 hour ago, The Phantom said:

Following on from some comments in another thread about the Pt Erin trailer park, I had a look at their website.   Seems that you can invest yourself by buying a pod.  Pretty much like renting a timeshare out.  Oddly it seems their website is more targeted at this than actually people staying there. 

Well who wouldn't want to invest in a pod on a landfill site

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, The Phantom said:

It’s allegedly getting all the second hand pods from Glen Helen. I bet that wasn’t in the business plan that they sold to the Commissioners. They are moving a lot of mud around this week.

Edited by StCatherine

17 minutes ago, StCatherine said:

It’s allegedly getting all the second hand pods from Glen Helen. I bet that wasn’t in the business plan that they sold to the Commissioners. They are moving a lot of mud around this week.

It’s the same people, they’ve been digging around for a few years and all there is are a few wooden cabins scattered about, several motor homes and a few other derelict looking vehicles. Can’t understand why this prime site wasn’t allocated for housing particularly social housing.

Does that mean that Glen Helen are packing up, or just going to upgrade those chalets???

If they pull the chalets out of Glen Helen, does that make the Lodge re-financing less viable? Could that be the reason Lodge are trying to buy the ingoing???

If the Lodge are sub-letting from Glamping Ltd and Glamping are at the end of their lease that could leave the Lodge in tricky water? Maybe DEFA will give them a primary lease or put it out to tender???

Perhaps Jack White could expand???

Again, anyone any idea what is happening with the Swiss Chalet? It seems to be restored from the mysterious fire!!!