Firm closing

finlo

5 hours ago, Blade Runner said:

Prospero is a huge multi location services company that has similar work in the CI's as it does here.

I cant believe that rumour is true, but if it is then you better all, on the island, put your head between your legs and kiss your ass goodbye

If offices on the IOM  don't need Prospero, then you don't need offices.

Which is not good for a Financial Services lead economy..

It’s not true as already posted before!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

No - I understand there are some redundancy offers as some maintenance contracts not renewed - as group of companies Strand Cleaners Storall etc they continue 

Prospero is one of the most astute operations around. It will just fit a new footprint. I would be very surprised if it’s shutting. 

9 hours ago, Passing Time said:

Owned by Italians and only serves Guinness does not make it an Irish bar. There’s a wealth of other Irish ale available if they could be arsed looking 

It’s not owned by Italians, it’s very much owned by an Irish guy. Some of the stuff on the walls completely gives that away. 

I think I mentioned this before and that it’s something they are working on. They also have a couple of decent Irish whiskies. 

By way of that it’s already significantly more Irish than O’Donnells which has been getting away with being called an Irish bar for years when it’s as Irish as Gareth Southgate. 

17 minutes ago, jackwhite said:

It’s not owned by Italians, it’s very much owned by an Irish guy. Some of the stuff on the walls completely gives that away. 

I think I mentioned this before and that it’s something they are working on. They also have a couple of decent Irish whiskies. 

By way of that it’s already significantly more Irish than O’Donnells which has been getting away with being called an Irish bar for years when it’s as Irish as Gareth Southgate. 

but not quite as Irish as Tony Cascarino

5 hours ago, jackwhite said:

They had their opening night in July, August, first week September, second week September, third week September, end of September. There were very few people, if any if you don't count the bar staff all night. I saw a coach load of Irish musicans looking for a drink and somewhere to play but the new bar had said they had just stopped serving. Personally, given such a fortuitous opportunity, I would have opened the bar but it depends on how serious you want to be.

To be fair, O'Donnells, which may have plastic paddy motifs around the place, does have authentic sweary Irish drunks.

On 10/1/2024 at 6:28 PM, Capt_Mainwaring said:

Where did you hear?

On 10/2/2024 at 3:05 PM, Blade Runner said:

Prospero is a huge multi location services company that has similar work in the CI's as it does here.

I cant believe that rumour is true, but if it is then you better all, on the island, put your head between your legs and kiss your ass goodbye

If offices on the IOM  don't need Prospero, then you don't need offices.

Which is not good for a Financial Services lead economy..

Perhaps James has taken his eye off the ball 

A Place in the Sun star Laura Hamilton's new man 'revealed' as his wife 'hurt' by romance

A Place in the Sun presenter Laura Hamilton is in a relationship with a married businessman - and his estranged wife is reportedly "hurt".

Since January, the A Place in the Sun presenter, 42, has been dating CEO James Pettigrew. Her relationship with James is her first since splitting from her husband of nine years, Alex Goward.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jackwhite said:

Guinness and a couple of Irish whiskies - wow, you are easily pleased

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Numbnuts said:

Well you never see the vehicles  around as often these days. I’d say there are quiet for sure for whatever reason .

I saw one of their vehicles today ( forget where) Wouldn’t normally have thought anything about it, but did after reading about them on here.

It’s  probably the same sort of thing that if you buy a new car you suddenly see more of that make and model  on the road,  because you are more conscious of them.

17 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I saw one of their vehicles today ( forget where) Wouldn’t normally have thought anything about it, but did after reading about them on here.

It’s  probably the same sort of thing that if you buy a new car you suddenly see more of that make and model  on the road,  because you are more conscious of them.

Loads of Prospero and Strand Vehicles about I see them all the time

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cheesypeas said:

Perhaps James has taken his eye off the ball 

A Place in the Sun star Laura Hamilton's new man 'revealed' as his wife 'hurt' by romance

A Place in the Sun presenter Laura Hamilton is in a relationship with a married businessman - and his estranged wife is reportedly "hurt".

Since January, the A Place in the Sun presenter, 42, has been dating CEO James Pettigrew. Her relationship with James is her first since splitting from her husband of nine years, Alex Goward.

I’d take my eye off the ball for that too.